Dungeon Siege Expansion Pack w/ full game - GOLD

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Vorpal, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Vorpal

Vorpal Guest

Wow, this one snuck in under my radar (some people hate DS I know, but I loved it).

The DS expansion pack is GOLD due out in less than two weeks.

The good news is the expansion pack is suppose to have gameplay as long as the original game AND comes with the full version of the original game.

So, if you never played the original, it seems like a good deal for $30.

I think DS II is due out some time in Q1 or Q2 of next year also.

http://www.dungeonsiege.com/index.shtml

edit - I just found a preview which mentioned there are now going to be sets of armor/weapons that become more powerfull as you possess and equip more pieces. (sounds cool)

2. Codasmd

Codasmd Old School XPeriencer

Oh man...I shudder when I think of the amount of hours (wasted?) playing the original.

Don't know if I can do it again....

3. Bronx Bomber

Bronx Bomber Guest

people hate DS? that game was amazing.

4. RazerBack

RazerBack The First Rebirth

The expansion pack is going to be available at Electronics Boutique on November 13, 2003. I wonder if it includes the original.:confused:

5. Vorpal

Vorpal Guest

Yes! (And people thought Microsoft doesn't have a heart).

I'd say of all people that played DS, 50% love it and 50% hate it. It seems to be that way for some reason.

I found it kind of relaxing. A brainless game with really sweet graphics. :) There was some strategy, and a few places in the missions that were a little rough. But, it was an "autopilot" game and some people really seem to hate it for that game (I dug it).

6. RazerBack

I lent out my CD to a friend of mine, so I don't know if I'll get it back before the expansion pack. So if it's included BONUS.

7. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

The game was nice, but I have also sold my copy.
    Nice they have actually included teh game with the addon ... lol

8. Vorpal

Vorpal Guest

Wow... nice list of additions to the game. The multiplayer save feature could be really sweet if I get a buddy again to co-op all the way through. Some of these things I remember as user mods to the original game. Of course my biggest wish will be for a camera fix mod released as soon as the game comes out. Having a camera that could freely move all the way to ground level was the only way to go....

9. vern

vern Dominus Political User Folding Team

I played it a long time ago, but never got to finish it. Maybe it's time to go looking for my copy.

10. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

To be honest it was far too easy :D
    You could just walk around and your team would auto-attack
    The inventory, pack horses etc were a pain to organise.

11. Vorpal

Vorpal Guest

There were a few places that made you stop and think a little bit though. I actually used strategy a couple of times and a whole lot of the hook and reel (peel off, bait) technique.

The Ice Caves were difficult when you first got to them. That's one place where you really level up quick. The ICE archers could do a lot of damage as a group.

The Thieves den (cave) just past the Gypsy camp was rough.

The Goblin caves were a little rough - espically in some places.

The whole ending underground map was a tad tough.

You really just couldn't walk through the game... :)

12. RazerBack

Oh look Dungeon Siege the Movie

Vierte Boll Kino Beteiligungs-GmbH & Co. KG (Boll KG) and Gas Powered Games have joined forces to bring the popular action/fantasy video game Dungeon Siege to the silver screen. Boll KG, the production company responsible for several film adaptations of video games including BloodRayne, Alone in the Dark and House of the Dead, recently purchased the theatrical and merchandise rights for Dungeon Siege.

Executive producer and director Dr. Uwe Boll, expects to begin filming Dungeon Siege in late 2004, and estimates a budget in the $50 million range. Interactive Film Sales International will handle the foreign rights sales for the production (www.InteractiveFilmSales.com). Boll's House of the Dead, released by Artisan Entertainment in North America, is presently screening in more than 1500 theatres.

"Dungeon Siege transcends the video game genre and appeals to mainstream entertainment audiences," said Boll. "Based on the success of House of the Dead, I believe Dungeon Siege contains major crossover potential because of its unique blend of action and fantasy, on the order of Lord of the Rings.

Originally released in the United States on April 5, 2002, Dungeon Siege is an action/fantasy role-playing game (RPG) designed by Chris Taylor, president and creative director of Gas Powered Games. Published by Microsoft Game Studios, Dungeon Siege features a fantasy world where the inhabitants must battle evil forces attempting to take over their kingdom. According to Mark H. Walker of Sci-Fi.com, "this down-and-dirty medieval environment propels high-tech role-playing even higher."

"This is a very exciting project for us", said Taylor, "and we are very enthusiastic about exploring how film and games can come together."

Source

This should be fairly interesting, I'm not sure why they say House of the Dead is a success, I hear it isn't that great, but then I haven't seen it yet. Hopefully the movie comes out just before Dungeon Siege II.

13. Vorpal

Vorpal Guest

I think they consider a movie a success if it makes a certain amount over production and advertisment costs... maybe something like 10% over.

Those movies all suck though. It would be very nice to see a good D&D stlye movie. It's seems to be a lost genre.

I'd really love to see a good high budget movie revolve around the adventures of a small D&D like party (fighter, thief, archer, mage, cleric, etc).

Heck, there are so many highly detailed AD&D modules you could just pillage one for a script....

14. theevilsithlord

theevilsithlord Hail to the King, Baby!

does anyone know if in the expansion u can use the same party u used in the original? b/c i loved the original and beat it with a kick ass party

15. Vorpal

Vorpal Guest

I seriously doubt it...

16. Vorpal

Vorpal Guest