Dungeon Siege Expansion Pack w/ full game - GOLD

V

Vorpal

Wow, this one snuck in under my radar (some people hate DS I know, but I loved it).

The DS expansion pack is GOLD due out in less than two weeks.

The good news is the expansion pack is suppose to have gameplay as long as the original game AND comes with the full version of the original game.

So, if you never played the original, it seems like a good deal for $30.

I think DS II is due out some time in Q1 or Q2 of next year also.

Microsoft Game Studios today announced that Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna has gone gold. Legends of Aranna, the expansion pack to the award-winning action fantasy role-playing game Dungeon Siege, whisks adventurers away to the distant land of Aranna, where new foes and new challenges await. The Legends of Aranna expansion pack, which also includes the full version of the original Dungeon Siege, will be available in North America on November 12 for an estimated retail price of $29.95 (U.S.).

Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna unveils an all-new campaign that will challenge players to explore and fight their way through nine spectacular areas, including an expansive new jungle region, as they unravel the rich history and mystery of the world of Aranna. Legends of Aranna will also introduce new spells and special over-the-top spell effects to combat fierce new creatures such as Clockwork Beasts and Doppelgangers.

Players begin as the latest in a long line of heroes, and as they advance will be able to add a new Half-Giant player character to fill out their party or choose the Half-Giant directly for multiplayer mode. Spells will also be discovered further into the game that can temporarily transform the player character into a wolf, troll or lava monster. Players will be able to collect rare and powerful treasures, including new consistent styles of armor sets and collectables. Also available is a new pack animal that will defend the player's treasure to the death.

http://www.dungeonsiege.com/index.shtml

edit - I just found a preview which mentioned there are now going to be sets of armor/weapons that become more powerfull as you possess and equip more pieces. (sounds cool)

Oh man...I shudder when I think of the amount of hours (wasted?) playing the original.

Don't know if I can do it again....

The expansion pack is going to be available at Electronics Boutique on November 13, 2003. I wonder if it includes the original.:confused:

Originally posted by RazerBack
The expansion pack is going to be available at Electronics Boutique on November 13, 2003. I wonder if it includes the original.:confused:

Yes! (And people thought Microsoft doesn't have a heart).

I'd say of all people that played DS, 50% love it and 50% hate it. It seems to be that way for some reason.

I found it kind of relaxing. A brainless game with really sweet graphics. :) There was some strategy, and a few places in the missions that were a little rough. But, it was an "autopilot" game and some people really seem to hate it for that game (I dug it).

I lent out my CD to a friend of mine, so I don't know if I'll get it back before the expansion pack. So if it's included BONUS.

The game was nice, but I have also sold my copy.
Nice they have actually included teh game with the addon ... lol

Wow... nice list of additions to the game. The multiplayer save feature could be really sweet if I get a buddy again to co-op all the way through. Some of these things I remember as user mods to the original game. Of course my biggest wish will be for a camera fix mod released as soon as the game comes out. Having a camera that could freely move all the way to ground level was the only way to go....

* Improved Control Groups - Increase the effectiveness of your party (mages in particular) by using the improved control groups. In addition to switching among ten different slot combinations for your party, you can now use the control groups to switch instantly among ten different spells, even if the spells aren't active.

* Localized Attacks - Avoid accidentally running into the clutches of a horrid beast by holding down the SHIFT key when you attack. This causes your characters to target the monster closest to the area where you click (a localized attack). When no monsters are around, holding down the SHIFT key will order your characters to break open the nearest treasure chests.

* Multiplayer Save - Experience improved group gameplay. Now each time you exit a multiplayer game, the journal state of your character will be saved. Play through with friends and complete all the quests together!

* Overhead Map - Fully appreciate the epic scale of youradventures with the new Overhead Map. As you travel through the world, quests locations and region names appear on the map.

* Off-Screen Attack Warning - Remain alert to the status of fellow party members through the new off-screen attack warning. If a party member is under attack out of your view, their Character Portrait will flash orange, alerting you to rally to their aid.

* Group Awareness - Watch properly equipped party members rush to each other's aid. Characters you have not ordered to hold their ground will run to help if their fellow party members come under attack.

Magic:

* Transformation Spells - Change your magic users into powerful melee combatants with new Transformation spells. Experience the earthshaking power of playing as a Rock Beast, or try playing with the deadly sting of a scorpion.

* Unsummon and Untransform Buttons - Cancel Combat spells for better control. If you are about to head into battle and your Summon or Transformation spell is getting close to expiring, use the Unsummon Monster or Untransform buttons, located in the Field Commands, to negate the spell. Recast the spell and enter battle at full strength.

* Orb Spells - Cast new Orb spells, which create powerful magical orbs that revolve around you and automatically target nearby enemies, thereby leaving your hands free for melee combat, ranged combat, or additional spell casting.

* Glyph Traps - Experience the satisfaction of killing monsters with the new Glyph spells. Place five to ten Glyphs on the ground to create a lethal trap, and then lure monsters to their doom.

Treasure:

* Treasure Sets - Discover pieces of rare "item sets." Composed of three to five pieces of weapons, armor, or other equipment, each of these related magical items is powerful in its own right, but when combined, they are endowed with additional bonuses.

* Tragg - Utilize the tragg, a new pack animal that delivers powerful attacks and can carry almost as much loot as a packmule. Traggs rapidly become attached to their owners and will rush into battle to gore any monster that threatens the party. And unlike packmules, you can order traggs to attack enemies.

* Redistributable Potions - Click the Redistribute Potions button at the bottom left of the screen, or press the R key, to give all party members their fair share of the party's potions. Mages get all of the mana potions and melee warriors get more health potions.

* Imbued Items - Keep an eye open for "imbued" items, armor, and weapons. These special objects buff party members and significantly increase their prowess in battle.

* Backpacks - Increase the load each character can carry by using new backpacks. Each character is limited to one backpack. Right click your backpack to open it. You can also drop an item directly onto a closed backpack to stash the item away. If your main Inventory has no room, items you pick up off the ground will automatically go into the backpack, if there is room there.

* Sell All - Quickly convert all unequipped loot to gold with the new Sell All button.

I played it a long time ago, but never got to finish it. Maybe it's time to go looking for my copy.

To be honest it was far too easy :D
You could just walk around and your team would auto-attack
The inventory, pack horses etc were a pain to organise.

Originally posted by Electronic Punk
To be honest it was far too easy :D
You could just walk around and your team would auto-attack
The inventory, pack horses etc were a pain to organise.

There were a few places that made you stop and think a little bit though. I actually used strategy a couple of times and a whole lot of the hook and reel (peel off, bait) technique.

The Ice Caves were difficult when you first got to them. That's one place where you really level up quick. The ICE archers could do a lot of damage as a group.

The Thieves den (cave) just past the Gypsy camp was rough.

The Goblin caves were a little rough - espically in some places.

The whole ending underground map was a tad tough.

You really just couldn't walk through the game... :)

Oh look Dungeon Siege the Movie

Vierte Boll Kino Beteiligungs-GmbH & Co. KG (Boll KG) and Gas Powered Games have joined forces to bring the popular action/fantasy video game Dungeon Siege to the silver screen. Boll KG, the production company responsible for several film adaptations of video games including BloodRayne, Alone in the Dark and House of the Dead, recently purchased the theatrical and merchandise rights for Dungeon Siege.

Executive producer and director Dr. Uwe Boll, expects to begin filming Dungeon Siege in late 2004, and estimates a budget in the $50 million range. Interactive Film Sales International will handle the foreign rights sales for the production (www.InteractiveFilmSales.com). Boll's House of the Dead, released by Artisan Entertainment in North America, is presently screening in more than 1500 theatres.

"Dungeon Siege transcends the video game genre and appeals to mainstream entertainment audiences," said Boll. "Based on the success of House of the Dead, I believe Dungeon Siege contains major crossover potential because of its unique blend of action and fantasy, on the order of Lord of the Rings.

Originally released in the United States on April 5, 2002, Dungeon Siege is an action/fantasy role-playing game (RPG) designed by Chris Taylor, president and creative director of Gas Powered Games. Published by Microsoft Game Studios, Dungeon Siege features a fantasy world where the inhabitants must battle evil forces attempting to take over their kingdom. According to Mark H. Walker of Sci-Fi.com, "this down-and-dirty medieval environment propels high-tech role-playing even higher."

"This is a very exciting project for us", said Taylor, "and we are very enthusiastic about exploring how film and games can come together."

Source

This should be fairly interesting, I'm not sure why they say House of the Dead is a success, I hear it isn't that great, but then I haven't seen it yet. Hopefully the movie comes out just before Dungeon Siege II.

I think they consider a movie a success if it makes a certain amount over production and advertisment costs... maybe something like 10% over.

Those movies all suck though. It would be very nice to see a good D&D stlye movie. It's seems to be a lost genre.

I'd really love to see a good high budget movie revolve around the adventures of a small D&D like party (fighter, thief, archer, mage, cleric, etc).

Heck, there are so many highly detailed AD&D modules you could just pillage one for a script....

does anyone know if in the expansion u can use the same party u used in the original? b/c i loved the original and beat it with a kick ass party

Originally posted by theevilsithlord
does anyone know if in the expansion u can use the same party u used in the original? b/c i loved the original and beat it with a kick ass party

I seriously doubt it...

Because the expansion has a new story to tell, Mad Doc made the decision to not allow character transfer from the original's single-player game. Multiplayer characters can be transferred freely from Dungeon Siege to Legends of Aranna, however.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back