Dual monitors

C

chilly

I want to run dual monitors to display seperate open programs, is this possible and has anyone got any advice

Yes It Possible

Depending on your graphics card, i run dual monitors on my geforce 4 card with nview and it all works fine

I run dual monitors with ati hydravision. Not only does it work great but its one of the best upgrades Ive ever made to my system. It rocks.

I run both my monitors @ 1280x1024x32bpd and 85hz...

hydravision is a great tool... can't imagine life without it :)

dual monitor is good if you want to multitask... and I do... :)

and yes it works well... most decent video cards have support for it...

I use dual monitors utilizing two video cards. One AGP and one PCI. Also, if you decide to run dual monitors, look for a program called UltraMon. Very good dual monitor program.

you can run up to 10 with proper video card support. i have 2 duals and one quad is very nice

most matrox cards support dual g400, g450, etc . new parella supports 3 and g100 and g200 mms cards support 4 each you see below its all i use......2 pci quad cards and one agp dual and youll have all 10 monitors in one computer......a video wall

matrox is pretty much the originator of multi head cards most common card on the stock exchange..........

may not be the most high tech always but they definatlly last well
my g100 quad card is more than 12 years old and still runs 4 monitors like a charm

One AGP and one PCI
I didn't think this was possible (obviously it is :p )
Are they both the same make/model card just connected via differnt means ?

you could put in an agp and a pci doesnt matter how it talks to it as long as it does.
could be some cards are made in both formats....... i have 2 g400 cards laying around, one is agp one is pci..same card though

i meant more along does the card have to be the same model, as i have an AGP GeForce 2 in here, and theres a 4mb ATI (pci) card sitting in my 133mhz in the other room, which could be yanked out and put in here for dual monitor fun... if its possible... ?

I have had an ATI mixed with Matrox. I have also had an ATI mixed with a GeForce. No problems.

I use dual monitors. I have a Leadtek G4 64MG AGP and a S3 Savage4 8MG PCI card and have had no problems at all.

woot then :D
I'll grab the 4mb ATI out the other box at some point tommorow.. and nick its monitor, i'll let you know if it works.

I've put the ATI card in my box and booted up, but i receive the following error....
ati-b0rk.jpg

oh, and Windows trouble shooter wasnt any help :p

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
oh, and Windows trouble shooter wasnt any help :p
Now that was a surprise. Not.

Looks like you have a driver problem. I hope. :) I wonder if there are any new drivers for that card...?

i think that the ATI is incompatable with Multi-Monitors

I have used a Radeon and a Rage128 both mixed with a Geforce with dual monitors. It may be the 264VT2 that's giving the problem. Try the latest XP drivers for it here.

multi monitors?

whats that? like more than one monitor?

ati is incompatible with that? lol I doubt it mate...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back