Dual monitor question/suggestions....

Well...after doing more looking on Crucial's page...i found this...

The Crucial Radeon 9700 Pro features a DVI-I connector, which has a distinct advantage over the DVI-D connector found on the 9100. DVI-I connectors can support a second analog CRT monitor with a special adapter, while DVI-D connectors can only support digital flat-panel monitors.

:(

Originally posted by gballard
Well...after doing more looking on Crucial's page...i found this...

The Crucial Radeon 9700 Pro features a DVI-I connector, which has a distinct advantage over the DVI-D connector found on the 9100. DVI-I connectors can support a second analog CRT monitor with a special adapter, while DVI-D connectors can only support digital flat-panel monitors.

you could always buy an rca-vga adaptor and clone to another vga display that way... but that doesn't really do much in terms of adding desktop space :(

sry to hear that... learn something new everyday...

still wait and see if the crucial techie can help you out any..

well...here is the reply from Sapphire Tech Support....

Dear Customer,

Sorry this card does not support the DVI adapter, because it's a single
RAM Deck card.

Tech

well...I guess I can just put the TNT2 card in there and see if I can get that to work.

well...here is the reply from Crucial....

Hello,

Unfortunately you can't hook an analog (VGA) monitor to the DVI-D connector; it only
supports a digital flat-panel display. In order to use an adapter to connect a VGA
monitor, you need a video card with a DVI-I connector such as the Radeon 9800 Pro.
Thanks for thinking of Crucial.

JEFF WHITE
Technical Support Analyst

Well hell...does anyone know of a video card that has the DVI-I connector on it for around $100 or so?

welp...I thru that TNT card in there and now I have dual monitors going...:)

The Ti4200 8x AGP 128mb ram does dual I got it look in my sig

Costs around 120$ us and is a great card mine is MSI but there all pretty good :)

Originally posted by gballard
welp...I thru that TNT card in there and now I have dual monitors going...:)

good going...

bit sad bout the dvi thinger.. I woulda thunk it would do dual vga :(

ah well :) least you got your stuff going anyways... good on ya...

woohooo...:)

dual.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back