Dual monitor problem

J

Jilles

Yes finally two monitors on my geforce 4 ti, but there is one prob, my tv is black-white (normally color). i think the prob is the refresh rate (60 hz), its usually at 50 hz with color, but i can't change the refresh rate at the advanced properties menu. So my question is: How can i change the refresh rate or how can i get color whitout changing the refresh rate, please help.

lemme guess... you're using an s-video cable to connect to your tv, right? just wiggle the connections a little bit. make sure the cable is seated at both ends completely.

see, if you look at the end of an s-video cable, you'll notive it has 4 pins. two are for luminance (black + white) and two are for chrominance (color). together, these give you a normal picture, but if the chrominance signal isn't reaching, you'll get a black + white screen.

No man that's not the problem. i really think it's the refresh rate, because i have a ps2 and when its on 50 hz it was color but at 60 hz its went black and white so its based on that.

Welcome to the forums Jilles!

Don't worry about the refresh rate, the TV encoder chip takes care of that. It could be your output coding I guess. Are you using NTSC or PAL?

Yeah... its NTSC or PAL that is ur problem... not ur refresh.

I got a diff dual display problem :/

Whenever i play games and the resolution on my primary screen changes, the second screens resolution gets warped and stuff gets moved around. It fixes itself after i finish the game but i wanted to use the 2nd monitor as my kinda cheat/map/helper screen during games and have winamp sitting there so i can see what song is coming up next =)

well, ntsc and pal have different refresh rates (50hz and 60hz respectively, i believe)... so, in effect, you're all right.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back