Dual Channel Memory

mav88

OSNN Addict
How can i find out if im running dual channel now that i have installed more RAM(from 1x512 to 4x512)?? Im using an Asus P4P-800 Mobo. Cheers

just remember that unless all of your memory is the same or paired in the correct slots you may not get your double data rate...

:D

Yeah im using 4 x Corsair DDR-SDRAM PC3200 - 512 MBytes, iv filled all my slots now, two black and two blue, it does say in CPU-Z Dual so im guessing everythings running smootly

Sounds like it

Good choice in memory

Corsair ROCKS! I have XMS corsair 3200 TWINX pair.

Yeah it is good. I went for it coz of the overclocking capabilities, got my 2.4 running at 3Ghz. Everyl little helps esp with 3d rendering and video editing, altho should be great now with the memory upgrade. 3ds max hasnt got any faster tho looking at the render times :( Altho system is much better at multi tasting obvisully

With 3D rendering you wont get much improvement simply by Oc'ing your FSB and CPU.... You HAVE to OC your video card as well... even if it is an AGP card it will only go as fast as it is told too, so the more processing power the GPU has, the faster things will get rendered... and the overflow will be faster since you overclocked your cpu and fsb..

a) Press Pause on bootup screen will tell you if your current memory config allows dual memory access.
b) Same info can be had in Mobo handbook under memory configuration.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back