Dual boot stories

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by chrst1, Oct 7, 2003.

1. chrst1

chrst1 Guest

Dual boot

Anyone else got any dual boot stories?
    I am running a presario 700mgh chip 64mb ram with xp pro and millenium and having no problems at all.Me [Fat] and xp[ntfs] work flawlessly together despite the fact that I have read all the bs about how you have to have "at least 256 mb ram" to run xp.

Any questions?

2. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

You can run XP on a 300MHz with 64mb (probably even less) you do need 256 to run it with all the effects/themes/and so on comfortably though.

3. Bronx Bomber

Bronx Bomber Guest

well, i gots win xp pro right now, and i partitioned one of my drives so now im playing around with win longhorn. i will let you know how it turns out. =]

4. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

I've been dual-booting XP Pro and Slackware Linux for a long time now. Both have been running very smoothly, and it's nice to be able to access my NTFS data partition through Linux, although it's only read-only access at the moment.

5. napalmnthemorning

napalmnthemorning Moderator

I also did some messing around with Longhorn 4018 not too long ago but screwed up my boot file somehow and had to reinstall XP because I couldn't boot XP back up. I'm not sure what I did wrong.

6. coathanger007

coathanger007 Tomorrow Tweaking Today

Does Triple Booting qualify?

7. napalmnthemorning

napalmnthemorning Moderator

triple booting. (lol) That is Great coathanger007..

8. coathanger007

coathanger007 Tomorrow Tweaking Today

Can't even remember how I did it other than it was complex. Had to edit msdos.sys, autoexec.bat, msdos.sys use the Win ME DOS patch and hope like crazy that thins would turn out OK...what a challenge :) (Win ME really complicated matters).