Dsl

Originally posted by catch23
300kbps is only 37.5kbYTES /sec

Whoops !!! My bad !! Forgot about that !!

Sorry !

I download about 1200-1300...

Takes about3 seconds to download a meg.

Sound better ?? hehe

Ya know, I get so sick of people bitching about bytes and bits. Communications are NOT measured in Bytes. End of story.

Storage is measure in Bytes. Again...end of story.

A 56kb modem is in bits, not bytes, or it would be called a 7kByte.
A T1 is not called a 125000Byte line, it is a 1Mbit line.

If you don't have a fast connection, I don't know what to tell you. Other than get one. Please don't try to confuse the issue with the bit/byte stuff...it's immature.

Don't be jealous...

WHOA !!

Take it easy you guys are gonna short-*****en-circuit !!

Who gives a **** about any of it... If you never have to wait on a page..and you download about about 1 mB every 2-3 seconds and every online game is smooth as silk, and thats all you need......be happy.

And if you were referring to me as jealous..no I am jealous of nothing, except a 17 year old kid with a $20,000 plasma for his PC.

If you werent referring to me, then who exactly are you going off on ?

edited for language: Iceman

All right guys, cool it, I have had to delete two posts and now edit one in this thread alone. Let's all play nice now.

:cool:

Dang it...

I guess I missed the heartfelt, insightful responses before they were Moderated....

I am sure they were well thought out:p

I wasn't picking on you cwalker...;)

mdderated ?!?

I have been a bad bad boy...

I will watch what I say..actually I didnt know there were filters, rules and such..

But I will keep it Disney !

a bunch of !@#$%^&*(@#$%^&*

woah wwait a min so how do you convert bits into bytes and so forth and ???? :confused:

oh yeah now i remember . . .
bits
bytes
megabytes
gigabytes
exabytes
terabytes
petabytes . . .

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back