dsl vs cable

seperatist

OSNN Senior Addict
there is a good deal in my area that may persuade me to switch from comcast to verizon but i want to know if it's worth it.

verizon dsl Up to 3 Mbps/768 Kbps w/ phone $70mnth
comcast With speeds up to a blazing 6 Megs w/phone $100mnth

the price is much cheaper with verizon but i care about reliability and service as well as speed. i do use bittorrent a lot so i want to ensure that will work the same and i am behind a router. any advice?

thanks and sorry is this is an old topic. i did a search but didn't find the exact info i was looking for.

bold removed

Last edited by a moderator:
stay with comcast, dsl can and does go out a lot, especially in the early hours of the morning...

every type, company, services have there problems. I have always gone with cable companies, because there usually cheaper.

First off, your prices are abnormally high for your area. I have seen both for near half the price.

That being said, try the DSL out if you want. Most ISPs will give you a 30 day trial or something, where you can cancel with little or no penalty.

Also, if you go to Comcast saying you want to cancel, sometimes they will give you a 3, 6 or 9 month promotional rate.

Play hardball, you may get good results :)

i think i will play hardball, they are offering a promo right now but i don't want to pay the $99 connect fee.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back