dsl vs cable

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by seperatist, Aug 7, 2006.

1. seperatist

seperatist OSNN Senior Addict

there is a good deal in my area that may persuade me to switch from comcast to verizon but i want to know if it's worth it.

verizon dsl Up to 3 Mbps/768 Kbps w/ phone $70mnth
    comcast With speeds up to a blazing 6 Megs w/phone $100mnth

the price is much cheaper with verizon but i care about reliability and service as well as speed. i do use bittorrent a lot so i want to ensure that will work the same and i am behind a router. any advice?

thanks and sorry is this is an old topic. i did a search but didn't find the exact info i was looking for.

bold removed

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2006
  2. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

stay with comcast, dsl can and does go out a lot, especially in the early hours of the morning...

3. Bman

Bman OSNN Veteran Original

every type, company, services have there problems. I have always gone with cable companies, because there usually cheaper.

4. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

First off, your prices are abnormally high for your area. I have seen both for near half the price.

That being said, try the DSL out if you want. Most ISPs will give you a 30 day trial or something, where you can cancel with little or no penalty.

Also, if you go to Comcast saying you want to cancel, sometimes they will give you a 3, 6 or 9 month promotional rate.

Play hardball, you may get good results :)

5. seperatist

seperatist OSNN Senior Addict

i think i will play hardball, they are offering a promo right now but i don't want to pay the $99 connect fee.