DSL Pauses Games Every 4 Seconds!

_DM_

OSNN Senior Addict
whenever I connect to DSL and play any kind of game like CS or WC3 or Morrowind even though i'm in single player and not multiplayer I get this gameplay problem. The game keeps freezing or should I say pausing on me every 1 milisecond for every 4 seconds, everything pauses for a tad second every 4 seconds and the cycle continues. Its not my video card problem because it works so fine whenever I'm not connected to DSL. its my DSL problem and I want to know why DSL is causing this. I got SBC DSL SpeedStreamer DSL Modem. Plz I need help!:(

Dunno much about playing games online, but the first thing that springs to mind is a forced connection on your DSL. On your modem or router setup page, see if there is an option to "keep connection alive" or similar. My router does this every 5 seconds, so it could possibly be something along those lines. (Although why this would 'trip' your puter up I have no clue.)

GraLk :D

It applys online and when i'm not even playing online. Acually it applies that is anything 3D or moving.
Ok how do I get to the setup page?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back