DSL Connection ?

Dubbin1

I Like Cheese
When I start up my computer I have to wait a couple of minuets before I can connect to my DSL. Anyone know of a way to fix this? Oh and the screen will flicker and after that is when I can connect

Thanks
Dubbin

i had same kinda problem. for me as i found out it was one of my ethernet cards that came with my computer "amd pcnet-home based network adapter" all i had to do it disable it and my coputer starts normally. i found out that by accident actually cuz i used my "netgear" card and thought what if i disable that one. everything works fast now

Still need help with this. I found if I shut off the workstation in services it is just fine but then my network don't work. I never had this problem until I reformatted.

You can try specifing your ip along with the dns server adresses in the tcp/ip settings.

It will be the DSL modem sycronizing with the server (getting the config for your speeds), this is called trainning, you can not connect durring this time.

Also I may take a while depending on modem type and what other things the PC is doing.

Obviously im bored on my lunch break and just waffled out a loads of wh00Oopsii, but there you go ;)

Try the latest drivers.

What make is it etc?

you havent by any chance got an nVidia-based graphics card have you? I only ask because if it's overclocked, the screen will flicker at the start of windows as it applies the clock settings to your graphics chip/ram.

It happens to me, and I cannot connect for about 5 seconds after windows bootup, as soon as the screen's flickered off then on, I can use windows.

Like I said it never done this until a recent reformat. I really wish I could get this fixed cause it's driving me insane.

Try running BootVis (in xp-erience downloads section) to time your driver loading times. you may find the answer there.. ie. the DSL driver loading last.

(btw i get the screen flicker while waiting for the clock speeds to adjust then i can use DSL)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back