DSL Connection ?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Dubbin1, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 I Like Cheese

When I start up my computer I have to wait a couple of minuets before I can connect to my DSL. Anyone know of a way to fix this? Oh and the screen will flicker and after that is when I can connect

Thanks
    Dubbin

2. i had same kinda problem. for me as i found out it was one of my ethernet cards that came with my computer "amd pcnet-home based network adapter" all i had to do it disable it and my coputer starts normally. i found out that by accident actually cuz i used my "netgear" card and thought what if i disable that one. everything works fast now

3. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 I Like Cheese

This just started since a recent reformat.

4. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 I Like Cheese

Still need help with this. I found if I shut off the workstation in services it is just fine but then my network don't work. I never had this problem until I reformatted.

5. Kafros

Kafros Guest

You can try specifing your ip along with the dns server adresses in the tcp/ip settings.

6. UniSol

UniSol I'm all ears

It will be the DSL modem sycronizing with the server (getting the config for your speeds), this is called trainning, you can not connect durring this time.

Also I may take a while depending on modem type and what other things the PC is doing.

Obviously im bored on my lunch break and just waffled out a loads of wh00Oopsii, but there you go ;)

Try the latest drivers.

What make is it etc?

7. Daedalus

Daedalus Guest

you havent by any chance got an nVidia-based graphics card have you? I only ask because if it's overclocked, the screen will flicker at the start of windows as it applies the clock settings to your graphics chip/ram.

It happens to me, and I cannot connect for about 5 seconds after windows bootup, as soon as the screen's flickered off then on, I can use windows.

8. UniSol

UniSol I'm all ears

That screen thing I forgot to mention :D happens to me also!

9. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 I Like Cheese

Like I said it never done this until a recent reformat. I really wish I could get this fixed cause it's driving me insane.

10. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

Try running BootVis (in xp-erience downloads section) to time your driver loading times. you may find the answer there.. ie. the DSL driver loading last.

(btw i get the screen flicker while waiting for the clock speeds to adjust then i can use DSL)