drwtsn32.exe Problems. Help!

Darlington30

OSNN One Post Wonder
I've been having this problem for several weeks now, and it's becoming really annoying.
Whenever I start up windows, I get an error message about "drwtsn32.exe". In order to continue, I have to Ctrl+Alt Delete in order to remove drwtson32.exe. Then everything becomes fine except when I try to access one of my folders on the desktop, then the same thing happens all over again!
I've tried to disable the Dr. Watson program, but when I did that, virtually the same thing happened as before except I now get this message:
----The instruction at "0x01e2f065" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory could not be "written".----

What is going on here?! I really don't want to reformat my computer. Is there a way I can get rid of all this?
Thanks.

There is some recent spyware that was causing Dr. Watson errors. Have you scaned for spyware and viruses, and have you installed all windows updates?

I posted something similar to this a while back. Here is a link to the thread.

http://forum.osnn.net/showthread.php?t=52560

Here is the most important section:

"I also found this tidbit, I imagine you are on SP2:

From http://board.iexbeta.com/lofiversio...php/t50182.html

I was browsing for a fix for the DIVX 5.2 problem and came across this. It seems to work, I was getting the error every day until I did this, now it's gone

Right click MY COMPUTER select
Properties - Advanced - Start Up & Recovery Settings & Edit under the system start up section
This will open the Boot.ini file in notepad (or your default editor)
Under [operating systems] replace the parameter /NoExecute=xxxxx with /Execute and then save & reboot
That should do the trick. It's an SP2 issue with DIVX 5.2"

Credit to MasterShakes for the excellent info.

I had this same problem, my case is that windows explore wouldn't even open. I got it after installing a program. I can't remember which one though . Anyhow, I had to use system restore to go back a couple of days to fix it ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back