DrvImagerXP 1.1

Hipster Doofus

Good grief Charlie Brown
From the front page.

Has anyone tried this freeware program? Is it as good as other ghosting programs that cost big bucks? Is it easy to figure out?
If you are wondering it is here.

sounds ok - but iam the same as you, let someone have a go 1st before i do :D

Tried this the other day. Used it to do it's stuff in safe mode & it worked well. Pretty good for freeware. Be even better when the author figures out a way to compress the image.

Seems I decided to format Just as the site went belly up. Formatted, got everything loaded & tweaked the way I wanted then used DrvImagerXP 1.2 to make an image. Again all went well with the image. Hooked up to the internet & updated my virus program. The download became corrupted & I could not get rid if it.

Ahhhh brainwave. Use DrvImager 1.2 to go back. No problem. Set it going, it reboots to safe mode, gets to just over 7gig done (10gig partition) & suddenly reboots again. That was it, stuffed. I had to format again.

Let the author know what happens & he replies saying yes v1.2 did have a problem, here's v1.3, try that & let me know. Yeah right like I'm going to trust that program again. Me thinks not.

Here is another one somebody can try - not me I already have DiskImage :D and there is a registry cleaner too - all free

GO HERE

When it comes to backing up your drive you really need software that is reliable - I would sooner pay the extra than risk losing it all
PowerQuest Drive Image 2002

:p

Tut tut
If its beer money your worried about
Try making your own ;)
its really simple & very cheap

:p :p :p

Hipster:

You called your one DrvImager the link I found was DriveClone I believe - are they the same?

The reg cleaner is brilliant.

I use the reg cleaner too. Seems to do a good job. All three programs are written by the same guy. He says driveclone is nearly as good as drvimager. I don't know what the differences are. They are all on the same page.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back