DRIVER_IRQL problem in windows xp

M

m1ke101

ok this is strange, i installed winxp a couple days ago, and i've been getting DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod's about once or twice a day. i don't know whats causing it, but this never used to happen when i had 2k or xp installed a while ago. anyone know what might be the culprit?

gigabyte 8srx
P4 1.6@2.2
512mb ddr
lite-on 40x
lite-on 16x dvd drive
soundblaster live value
gainward geforce3 ti200
maxtor 60gb 7200 hd.

Check this page at microsoft.
Drivers that have used improper addresses typically cause this error.
Make sure all of your drivers are updated.

Also, try moving your soundcard to a different slot. That seems to do the trick for some.

diagnosed the hell outta that

from using post cards, different hardware, buying same motherboard new everything, showing it to fellow technicians, i think it's most likely from the speed of your ramstick, or you've overclocked fsb or multipler , or the ddr speed isn't complying with the fsb in addressing. It could have burst set to 5t when it needs 6T. something to deal with how fast things are goin in your sys if power supply is fine. One other thing, might even have something to do with your monitor if you're having problems with that. If you turned off all cache on/offboard and shadowing, it would barely run but that would show if its a speed mismatch. About 2 months ago there was a patch for the irql_less-etc, but apparenlty had no effect on my other system. There's similar errors as well. My computer now i installed with 800mhz cpu 256mb ddr 2700, faster transfer rate then what the path between memory and cpu would comply with unless i set the fsb to 100 instead of 133, which would allow it to run a 200mhz fsb fine. no ram problems, no irq problems. So i basically lowered my ddr stick to drr1600 standard but did two tweaks on it, and use fuzzylogic to overclock just a tad, overclockin aint worth it on vias. If I bought an athlon 1ghz or higher, the cpu would be handle the 133 fsb and i could set the ddr back to 2600. Sometimes smartdrives enabled in bios will bring these errors up if enabled in bios, even though they shouldn't. Hope some of my experience helps. peace out

-hadez

hm i don't think its my overclocking because of i ran everything the same in win2k fine, and i never got those errors. i'm pretty sure its probably a driver issue with win xp, and i'll try moving my sound card and see what happens.

Originally posted by m1ke101
i'll try moving my sound card and see what happens.
And make sure your drivers are up to date. Let us know your results.

I had this error message myself. I stripped each pci card out one by one to try and find the problem, but the blue screens kept on coming.
Turned out to be a dodgy piece of 128mb memory.
This could be your problem.

The error is generally caused by bad or conflicting drivers. The suggestion to update all your drivers was correct (get them from the oem web sites, not Windows Update). Also, check your Device Manger for yellow asterisks.

ok...this is strange, i think the problem is probably bad drivers for my soundblaster live value. it seems like there's problems with my motherboard as well....one of my usb ports doesn't work, and the pci slots are weird, my sound card works in some of them and not in others.

I have the same problem.

AND i have a Sound blaster live card. I will move it and see what happens

Driver IRQ Problem

Don't quote me on this..but if my memory serves me correctly, I think I remember reading somewhere in my web wanderings that SB live sound cards can have conflicts in Windows XP.

Hope this might be of some help.... maybe try a "google" search such as "SB Live + Win XP"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back