Driver Problem | Fable

Ahh the life with the brand spanking new OS's ... all you can do is try different drivers and settings , sometimes its AA and AF they need to be OFF sometimes its refresh rates, other times its the drivers and this is why I like to wait before going with new OS's

But hey I have upwards of 70 full version high class games we are not talking solitaire here boys.

I Put the CD in then went to device manager > update driver for sound > point driver search to CD.

You may be able to download the latest driver for SB live for XP, unpack it then update driver manually.

As for your issue with Fable, this is all over the net and lots are having problems with Fable and Vista.

Suggestions I found say to run the 100.65 drivers then do this:

1) Turn off the effects detail setting. (Or bring it down all the way to left.)
2) Set resolution to highest or the native to your screen.

People need to report this to MS so they can patch the game and maybe you can find more info at Windows Vista Games.

I don't have the card installed now, so I don't think its the card for me.

I will try to turn down the detail setting.

Thanks for the help.

* and they have stopped support for Live 5.1. I don't have original cd either.

You say your not ready to move over because of this.....this is a hassle, but I have really only encountered 2 small things with Vista. This game problem, and my Photoshop doesn't work properly. It's really not that many things, and they will fix stuff soon.

****EDIT EDIT......well I turned down some of the detial, and now it works like a charm.

Thanks people.

Last edited by a moderator:
When did I ever indicate the issue with fable and the soundcard was vista related?? It was a known issue with no patch with Fable in XP, it is no suprise it is present in Vista since it was not patched from Fable.

Some of you are too quick to blame to operating system unjustifiably.

lol, guess what game works amazinly on Vista...

Serious Sam lmao!!! YES

We have both SS1 and SS2

Great games super large worlds , fun weapons, fast action and great one liners ..."Look at me I'm a big dumb barbarian , I have a god called Crumb! beware of my axe!!"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back