Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by lostprophet, Mar 17, 2005.

1. lostprophet

lostprophet OSNN One Post Wonder

Does anyone know how to remove Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger. Anyone???

2. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

My first thought is to remove drwtsn32.exe from 'Run' or 'RunOnce' in your registry. It's probably there under Current_User or Local_Computer. If you've never edited the registry then post back and I'll give you more detail on it. :)

OK, I found some info for you. Check here in your registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AeDebug. Find the 'Debugger' value and set the auto value to '1' -- in theory this will stop the annoying error message.

3. lostprophet

How do i edit the registry?

4. muzikool

Go to Start->Run, type 'regedit' (no quotes) and Enter that. From there it's just a tree structure. There's a ton of stuff there, but just follow the order of what I posted previously.

5. lostprophet

I was checking my registry and i couldnt find any of the things you told me to look for. Am i doing something wrong?

6. muzikool

You should have at least reached CurrentVersion without any problem. If you did and AeDebug wasn't there, then we'll have to look for another way to remove it. You may as well check under Current_User down to CurrentVersion and look for Run or RunOnce. Look for drwtsn.exe there and delete it if you find it.

7. muzikool

8. trbubble

trbubble OSNN One Post Wonder

Hi Muzikool!

I've been having the same DrWatson Postmortem Debugger and I followed your instructions:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AeDebug. Find the 'Debugger' value and set the auto value to '1'

But, should I fix any of the other values in the registry? Also, should I do anything with Drwtsn32.exe or Drwatson.exe in the registry?

Thanks!
    Tara

9. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

hmm... I think Virgin Media might sue the owners of that website coz their logo looks very similar to VM's. :p