Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger

My first thought is to remove drwtsn32.exe from 'Run' or 'RunOnce' in your registry. It's probably there under Current_User or Local_Computer. If you've never edited the registry then post back and I'll give you more detail on it. :)

OK, I found some info for you. Check here in your registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AeDebug. Find the 'Debugger' value and set the auto value to '1' -- in theory this will stop the annoying error message.

Go to Start->Run, type 'regedit' (no quotes) and Enter that. From there it's just a tree structure. There's a ton of stuff there, but just follow the order of what I posted previously.

I was checking my registry and i couldnt find any of the things you told me to look for. Am i doing something wrong?

You should have at least reached CurrentVersion without any problem. If you did and AeDebug wasn't there, then we'll have to look for another way to remove it. You may as well check under Current_User down to CurrentVersion and look for Run or RunOnce. Look for drwtsn.exe there and delete it if you find it.

Hi Muzikool!

I've been having the same DrWatson Postmortem Debugger and I followed your instructions:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AeDebug. Find the 'Debugger' value and set the auto value to '1'

But, should I fix any of the other values in the registry? Also, should I do anything with Drwtsn32.exe or Drwatson.exe in the registry?

Thanks!
Tara

hmm... I think Virgin Media might sue the owners of that website coz their logo looks very similar to VM's. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back