Downloading problems

I still use it...i just dont use it everyday for downloading.

I forgot to mention...i got the jabber client Pandion downloaded. I did it thru IE and it worked. Not sure why it just started working on there but it still doesnt work thru firefox.

Ah the wonders of the 56K internet. :p It very well could be your phone line or modem connection that is corrupting your downloads. You havn't put anything that might give off EMI near your modem or phone without thinking have you? Also perhaps try another phone cable if you have a spare and see if that helps.

I dont think it has to do with a line...if i use IE to download from a site it works but with firefox they get corrupt.

Well...i uninstalled ff 1.01 then tried 0.9.2 and no corrupt downloads but since i didnt like 0.9.2 i uninstalled it and went back to 1.01 and now the downloads work. This doesnt make since at all cause i uninstalled ff a few times and it never fixed it but hey it works now. Thanks to everybody for the help :)...rep for some? he he

When you "uninstalled" Firefox did you just do the remove thru add/remove software applet or did you also nuke your profile folder?

TittleBitties said:
Well...i uninstalled ff 1.01 then tried 0.9.2 and no corrupt downloads but since i didnt like 0.9.2 i uninstalled it and went back to 1.01 and now the downloads work. This doesnt make since at all cause i uninstalled ff a few times and it never fixed it but hey it works now. Thanks to everybody for the help :)...rep for some? he he
Possibly something from 0.9.2. was needed - might be as little as one single file - weirder things have happened - I once had a video card which didn't work properly with supplied driver nor with the newest driver downloaded from internet - got it to work by installing the OLD driver over the NEW driver... :yowch:

Xie: Yes i deleted the folder and the folder in document and settings. O well...all fixed now :).

TittleBitties said:
Xie: Yes i deleted the folder and the folder in document and settings. O well...all fixed now :).
Perhaps your computer has been infultrated by gremlins as well?! :dead:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back