Download Manager

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by macthemac, Aug 26, 2002.

1. macthemac

macthemac Guest

Hi guys, i would like to know you guys opinions of which DOWNLOAD MANAGER is the best.
    I've heard loads of them like : FLASHGET, DAP, LEECHGET, GETRIGHT Etc...... but which one is the best ? We don't know.
    So i would like to have your opinions and then we can get to a conclusion.
    Thank you all.
    mac...

2. Static 99

Static 99 Guest

In my opinion Star Downloader is the best.

From the developer:
    Star Downloader is a download accelerator that can increase download speeds by up to 400 percent. Unlike similar applications, it is completely free. It does not contain any banner ads or spy-ware.

http://www.stardownloader.com/index.php

3. TheBlueRaja

TheBlueRaja BR to Some

I use Net Vampire as my download manager. Its by no means fancy but has all the features you need. You can get it from http://www.netvampire.com/.

4. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

some people will come in here and tell you your downloads will not increase in speed with a dl proggy

doesn't matter, the resume feature is good enough reason to have one.

I use star, but I understand everyone falls in love with whichever one they start with...so take your pick

5. Sinister

Sinister Guest

I recommend DAP as it breaks up the files and also d/ls it from other mirrors. I have used all Download Managers and found DAP to be the best. Each to his/her own though.... Download a few and try them out for yourself:)

6. RobbieSan

RobbieSan Guest

I've been using Flashget.. it's pretty good.. overall though with my cable conenction I've been getting rates of anywhere from 300-600+K depending on the server.. for the most part I get my files so fast I don't need to worry about a manager.. **knocks on wood**

7. engel59

engel59 Guest

I use LeechGet 2002, it's FREE. I like it a lot. I've never tried any of the other download managers though. You can download 3 or more pieces of the file at the same time. My connection is Satellite Broadband. LeechGet does support Dial-Up as well.

8. luish

luish OSNN Senior Addict

In my opinion DAP is the best but the last two weeks i am using Mass downloader and i really like it too.

9. dijital

dijital Guest

i dont use any.