downing street memo[POLITICS]

Re: anyone believe this? [POLITICS]

your flames have been removed...refrain if you will from disparaging remarks, or don't post
Johnny said:
You can go and defend him during his trial Perris.
who?
Time for you to drop this

the time to drop this is when we are better off for the effort, not worse off...as we find out just what has happened to us, we need to keep a vigil...you on the other hand are welcome to sit back and enjoy what's going on

What was done was done
and we need to make sure our future decisions are prudent...you if you like can sit back and watch

it needed done

no, it didn't need to be done, but sit back and watch, you're doing fine.

Time for a man who was on his way to being more of burden than Hitler to go. end of story

anyone that wants to put Saddam in the same league as Hitler has some serious research to do... end of story.

What is going on is really nothing we have no control over
incorrect

But the facts are we have no way of knowing what is really going on.
we will do our best to find out...that is, those of us that care to find out, those of us that want to sit back and watch, you are doing fine

(the media They only broadcast the bad. I have yet to see any good things come from the media on this whole issue.

rediculous...the media protects the actions of this president more then any other in my lifetime

Actually, I am wrong

on this we agree 100 percent

Then people like you, who just run at jaws
I do far more then you can hope in your wildest dreams

Oh, and if you are going to start your stupid facts garbage. I want links to all you say showing me the "Facts"
the facts are presented by rumsfeld and bush tesitmony...have a read of that testimony.(it's there for everyone to see in the 9/11 report)

Last edited:

I suppose you think that we are told everything that the government is doing ?? I suppose you believe we are told everything period ?? There is so much we aren't told. I am glad for that. All it would do is make people go crazy and this country would turn into chaos. There would be ludding in the streets, riots, people getting hurt or even killed, Mass hysteria. But, then you probably feel we should know everything ...

The way you post about any issue when it comes to the government is on a one sided venture. You are so sure that the president is wrong in all factions. You obviously don't come up for air very often.

I'll tell you something you can look up, Area51 - the air force that don't exist .. Have fun ..

johnny, that's a good post, and I enjoy conversations with you when you are not dogmatic

here's what's going on in my head;

all I see johnny is what's happened

we deliberately refused to guard our shores when we knew as a fact we were about to be attacked...as a concervative and an American, how can you forgive that?

we deliberately refused to defend America against afghanistan and tried to attack Iraq for what afghanistan did...as a concervative and an American, you are happy about that?

we deliberately diverted the resources earmarked for our boys and girls in afghanistan...as an American, you are happy about this?

we deliberately ignored terrorism at the hub and brought it to Iraq where it haddn't existed...as an American, you are happy about this?

I have to find out why this happened...this is not hindsite this was told long before the events

if you are a patriot of this country, you can't sit back and watch...when you see things like this happening, you need to do your best to make sure what we are doing is best for America.

Last edited:

now, before we go further, I want to keep this thread on topic.

let's not go off topic...I don't know if "the downing memo" is it rubbish or not?

if it's true johnny, what do you think about it?

Last edited:

perris said:
johnny, that's a good post, and I enjoy conversations with you when you are not dogmatic

I can be limited to the way I think at times ..

here's what's going on in my head;

all I see johnny is what's happened

we deliberately refused to guard our shores when we knew as a fact we were about to be attacked...as a concervative and an American, how can you forgive that?

True we knew it was coming, but the thing about that is that we had no idea when or where. It was also belived as a threat, threats are just that, Threats. We had no idea it was going to be carried out. We can not hold the president accountable for that. This is why I hold clinton accountable, he had a couple of opportunities to take out bin laden, and just like the rest of his term, he did nothing ..

we deliberately refused to defend America agains afghanistan...as a concervative and an American, you are happy about that?

I don't believe afghanistan is a threat. About the only problem we have with them is that they are giving us a headache with entering their borders to look for bin laden.

we deliberately diverted the resources earmarked for our boys and girls in afghanistan...as an American, you are happy about this?

I didn't see anything on this ..

we deliberately ignored terrorism at the hub and brought it to Iraq where it haddn't existed...as an American, you are happy about this?

This is ludidrous.. Iraq was harbering, training, and funding terrorism. Hussein killed thoughsands of people during his term. He used brutality and torture as his means of getting what he wanted. His oldest son was the worst rapist in the countries history. He has said numerous times that his idol was hitler. He was trying act just like him. He supported bin laden, and helped him. He deserved what he got. If they televise his execution, I will watch it ..

I have to find out why this happened...this is not hindsite this was told long before the events

What you think and what is are two diff things, this is why I don't take things at face value.

if you are a patriot of this country, you can't sit back and watch...when you see things like this happening, you need to do your best to make sure what we are doing is best for America.

I am very partiotic, I support the President in any desicion he makes. I support our troops. I hgave a couple of family members and friends who are in Iraq right now. I pray for them everyday, I wish nothing but the best for them. They are going through a lot more than we are, they deserve the respect and the praise. Not the liberal media's way of telling America ho wbad the government is .. And yes, the media is against bush in everything he does. The only ones who are'nt are FOX news ..

I think that story is blarney, It is once again placing the blame on Bush. I think the blame should be on the Individual who swore to bush that Iraq had what they had and the UN. In which, they had plenty of time to move them with the the UN was ham hawing around. I think the UN knew what they had and were piddling around to give Iraq time to move them ..

The thing with the UN also is I don't believe we need it anymore. They are more of a thorn than they are anything .. It's original intent is not what it is anymore. They basically only help the countries that pay them more money. Like Iraq was because of all the oil they produce. I think it's time the US look for other menas of oil. Or try to come up with an alternative. ..

Johnny said:
I think that story is blarney, It is once again placing the blame on Bush. I think the blame should be on the Individual who swore to bush that Iraq had what they had and the UN. In which, they had plenty of time to move them with the the UN was ham hawing around. I think the UN knew what they had and were piddling around to give Iraq time to move them ..

The thing with the UN also is I don't believe we need it anymore. They are more of a thorn than they are anything .. It's original intent is not what it is anymore. They basically only help the countries that pay them more money. Like Iraq was because of all the oil they produce. I think it's time the US look for other menas of oil. Or try to come up with an alternative. ..
I hope the story is blarny, but what if it isn't?...that's the question

True we knew it was coming, but the thing about that is that we had no idea when or where

The brief telling us of the attack uncanny in precision, it tells us how it's going to happen , who would be doing it, where it would happen, what weapons would be used to attack us what when it would happen...read the brief, it's frightening that we had all that info

It was also belived as a threat, threats are just that, Threats.

the authors that briefed the president told us in sworn testimony...they informed the president in no uncertain terms this was a dire concern...they were so concerned that "they were running around with their hair on fire"

they also tesitfied that they made sure that the president was aware how urgent the threat was

We had no idea it was going to be carried out.

we knew exacly how it was going to be carried out...please read the brief

This is why I hold clinton accountable

clinton was given an almost identical brief and defended our ports...this president refused...go to page 128 to see what was supposed to be done

he had a couple of opportunities to take out bin laden, and just like the rest of his term, he did nothing

this is incorrect...read the testimony from bush's aid, tennet...every single chance clinton took. the only chances he didn't take were the one's that the bush aid tennet told him would be a disaster

I don't believe afghanistan is a threat. About the only problem we have with them is that they are giving us a headache with entering their borders to look for bin laden.

afghanistan is where terrorism was the hub, and where we should have defrended this country from the very start

I am very partiotic, I support the President in any desicion he makes.

patriotism is suporting this country...presidents don't always make the correct decisions

I support our troops.

As we all do as patriots

I have a couple of family members and friends who are in Iraq right now. I pray for them everyday, I wish nothing but the best for them. They are going through a lot more than we are, they deserve the respect and the praise.

they have my respect and praise

Not the liberal media's way of telling America ho wbad the government is .. And yes, the media is against bush in everything he does. The only ones who are'nt are FOX news ..

the media is concervative...the people that are trying to find the real meaning of this war are people that are trying to protect our boys and girls in the armed forces

some other points I'll address;

perris said:

johnny said:
This is ludidrous.. Iraq was harbering, training, and funding terrorism.

according to BUsh's own data, there was no terrorism, it was not being harbored in Iraq..saddam and bin laden were enemies

[quote[according to Hussein killed thoughsands of people during his term. He used brutality and torture as his means of getting what he wanted. His oldest son was the worst rapist in the countries history. He has said numerous times that his idol was hitler. [/quote]

we all hate saddam...there were and are far more dangerous men and far higher threats to America and spending time on this idiot was not what needed to be done while we were engaged in afghanistan

He deserved what he got

he deserved worse, on this we agree.

Last edited:

perris said:
The brief telling us of the attack uncanny in precision, it tells us how it's going to happen , who would be doing it, where it would happen, what weapons would be used to attack us what when it would happen...read the brief, it's frightening that we had all that info

the authors that briefed the president told us in sworn testimony...they informed the president in no uncertain terms this was a dire concern...they were so concerned that "they were running around with their hair on fire"

they also tesitfied that they made sure that the president was aware how urgent the threat was

we knew exacly how it was going to be carried out...please read the brief

clinton was given an almost identical brief and defended our ports...this president refused...go to page 128 to see what was supposed to be done

this is incorrect...read the testimony from bush's aid, tennet...every single chance clinton took. the only chances he didn't take were the one's that the bush aid tennet told him would be a disaster

afghanistan is where terrorism was the hub, and where we should have defrended this country from the very start

patriotism is suporting this country...presidents don't always make the correct decisions

As we all do as patriots

they have my respect and praise

the media is concervative...the people that are trying to find the real meaning of this war are people that are trying to protect our boys and girls in the armed forces

some other points I'll address;

according to BUsh's own data, there was no terrorism, it was not being harbored in Iraq..saddam and bin laden were enemies

we all hate saddam...there were and are far more dangerous men and far higher threats to America and spending time on this idiot was not what needed to be done while we were engaged in afghanistan

he deserved worse, on this we agree.

perris said:

johnny said:
I didn't see anything on this ..

so, before I provide the proof you'll need, (not liberal proof but data you'll accept), what would you think if this president actually did this?

but I really want to keep this thread on the downing street memo, so let's save the other discussions for another day

Last edited:

I couldn't even get thru the first paragraph of the "memo" without giggling. I'm sorry, but it sounds as legitimate as the Dan Rather "papers".

suppose it's true...what then?

I really don't want to compromise my integrity and even entertain the idea that that brilliant piece of BS is even close to real, but if you're going to be persistent about it, then yes, what Unwonted said.

if it's real, there won't be due process, there won't be any accountability

Why is it a piece of b.s.?

Why is anything remotely condemning of the current administration considered bogus to start off with? The brits have not challenged the authenticity of the document and they came up with it.

WRT Dan Rather, most of the papers WERE legit, only a couple were fudged but that was used to discredit the whole. Not a very powerful analogy there.

Unwonted said:
Due process of law.
that's an easy answer, it's not good enough

what would YOU think needs to be done if true...no easy answer, no "due process"

what would YOU want done to a man that would do that to this country?

Last edited:

Sazar said:
Why is it a piece of b.s.?

Why is anything remotely condemning of the current administration considered bogus to start off with? The brits have not challenged the authenticity of the document and they came up with it.

WRT Dan Rather, most of the papers WERE legit, only a couple were fudged but that was used to discredit the whole. Not a very powerful analogy there.
Honestly, it is such a glaring piece of crap I can't even imagine how anyone could read it and not think it phony before clicking on the link to page 2.

Everything that comes out similar to this "memo" these days will be scrutinized because it is quite clear that the Liberal group in our press are in denial and will grab ANY whim that comes by and saddle it up as "truth". The Brits have most likely not addressed it because it is so obviously a piece of crap...or they would have by now, don't you think?

How could you not toss all of Danny Boys "discovery" after seeing what a piece of crap IT was? Most of what I saw as the "rest" of his papers were common knowledge by then anyhow, so, what's the use?

perris said:

what would YOU think needs to be done if true...no easy answer, no "due process"

If you're looking for something to the effect of "string him up by his balls", it ain't gonna happen. It continues to outright amaze me that anyone in this world thinks that the President of the USA has the power to start a personal war of this magnitude.

The reason you will not get people like myself and (exccuse me if I'm speaking out of line Unwonted) Unwonted to bite, is because it would be promoting this kind of nonsense and encouraging it to happen again.

hmmm...I understand not wanting to engage in the conversation

whether or not the memo is true, there is no doubt that the president knew he was exagerating the info he used to make his case for war...the people that provided to him tell us that they told him what he was saying wasn't true

so it's not only possible, but likely that the president DID start a personal war

as far as the memo...it looks like hooey to me also...anyway, nothing's going to be done about it even if it's true

perris said:

Due process of law is what I think should happen. War courts, whatever. What else would you expect? That I feel someone who would do that to the nation should be castrated and tortured? Disemboweled? Lynch mobs?

No, due process of law is fine with me. Is this a fantasy "what if" question so you can hear conservatives say they would want Bush burned at the stake or what? I don't understand why you're asking it, seriously.

a war court I would agree with...that would be rich...the man facing a tribunal along the same lines he wants other heads of state to be held

that would be rich

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back