Doubled my bandwidth :)

All this talk of speed increases is great but unless you have a TB of HD space it really is useless in the end. Sites and stuff may open a tad bit faster but you can only download so much before your HD is full and your out of DVD+r's. :p I would rather get free HD upgrades then connection bump .. "broadband" is fast enough for just browsing.

We can't get 1mb yet, 512k will do for the time being.
BT sent a letter to us the other day, they claim we have
"exceeded" our monthly bandwidth usage.
Lucky we signed up before they put the cap on downloads:)
They can't do nowt!!

XIE - think RW media...

I dowwload at least a gig a month in updates and patches that replace, not add to, disk contnet. Speed is important.

Last night I looked at sbc new plans and i saw a one for 36.99 a month for 3 megs down and 384 up. Well i have sbc now i and i have 1.5 down and 128 up. Well i was paying 36.49 a month. So i called them and upgraded my plan for .50 cents more a month and double the bandwith. I also got a free xbox live starter kit. Ownage

U lil b!tch! I want anything faster than dial up

LeeJend said:
XIE - think RW media...

I dowwload at least a gig a month in updates and patches that replace, not add to, disk contnet. Speed is important.
I didn't say speed wasn't important, only that it has it's level of importance. Being able to download is all well and good but if you got no space to put it your SOL. :)

-edit- Also after reading this thread I bopped over to my ISP's site and saw that for a fee thats comparable to taking it in the seat (not meant to offend anyone) you can get 6 Mbps downstream and 512 Kbps upstream.

Comcast recently started offering 384up/4000 down for an extra $10/mo. It's not TOO bad of a deal and since we have 6 computers on our network at home, we felt it was worth the price to upgrade. The extra upload is what I really wanted over the extra downstream speed. 3000 is plenty in my book.

the main reason i upgraded was so that all 3pc's could be conected @ same time and still have fast access :D

LocKStocK said:
We can't get 1mb yet, 512k will do for the time being.
BT sent a letter to us the other day, they claim we have
"exceeded" our monthly bandwidth usage.
Lucky we signed up before they put the cap on downloads:)
They can't do nowt!!
I'm afraid to say the cap will apply to all customers from sometime next year. I believe that they are allowed to change various terms and conditions of service as long as they give you a certain period of notice.

LeeJend said:
XIE - think RW media...

A gig a month of updates etc?? What the hell you got on your pc?? :eek: :p

Well Amanda it's the file sharing (expletives) that cause them to use so much bandwidth.

I probably used 1 gigabyte in past 2 years, that is including sp2 final and sp2 beta being downloaded.

I thought BT broadband passed on details of people using file sharing applications to the authorities.

Ohh well I have unlimited bandwidth anyway, might change to Tesco BB after Xmas as it is unlimited and cheaper than AOL.

I don't disagree with limiting bandwith though. Why should I pay for how much I download when somebody else who downloads say 10 times as much as me pays the same. The 15GB limit (or 30GB with a 1MB line) will only affect those people who download huge amounts of data, which like BT says is less than 1% of customers! Just 5 years ago you wouldn't have dreamt of downloading that much on an internet connection at home.

My ISP doesn't and has never limited its clients bandwidth, it is even mentionned in the offer when you subscribe.
What's the use of unlimited bandwidth ? Seems like there's no one single & simple answer to that question...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back