DoS Attempt on my E-mail

kcnychief said:
When I bought it, it was 0. He now has 20 because he sells ALOT, and 1 negative. I am going to leave him a negative soon as well.
I would strongly suggest you not buy from anyone with under 10 feedbacks and less then a ~95% rating overall. Thats just MHO but a good way to make sure that your actually going to get what you have bid on.

I never have trouble on ebay , there are plenty of ebay stores that have 1000's in ratings.

Kermit_The_Frog said:
I never have trouble on ebay , there are plenty of ebay stores that have 1000's in ratings.

I guess that is what I get for trying to save a few bucks :speechless:

kcnychief said:
I guess that is what I get for trying to save a few bucks :speechless:
Indeed, it is worth the extra $ for the peace of mind IMHO. ;)

OK, here is an e-mail I am going to send off. Input would be appreciated before I send, thx.

Mr. XXXXXX (name changed to protect the pain in my a$$),

I want you to know that I have received your 100+ e-mails. This will be the first, only, and last communication you will ever receive from me. I wanted to and tried to call you a few times over the last 2 days using your contact info listed with eBay, but there was no answer.

I owe you an explanation of what has transpired, what happens from here on out is up to you. I have saved each and every e-mail that you have sent and passed it along to Yahoo, eBay, and a Detective in your hometown. I also have these documents on file with Dell and my local law enforcement.

Just so you are aware of the seriousness of this offense, incase you are not, a Denial-of-Service attack is a felony. I am issuing you this warning as I was advised to do so, and any further action on your part will force me to take legal action.

I also have documented threats that you have placed against myself and my personal property, which have also been passed along to the proper authorities.

In combination with the afore mentioned events, as well as the Warranty Hassle, I have decided to return the item. It was sent back today, 8-1-05 via USPS Priority Mail.

I do not want to hear from you ever again, and if any communication is attempted in a negative way, I will contact the authorities.

I'm giving you a chance to get away scott free on this, pending you operated in this manner without full knowledge of the consequences. Adhere to my warnings, and do not contact me again.

What do you guys think? I'm trying to be to the point, but I don't want to be threatening so that it can't be used against me. Thoughts?

kcnychief said:
In combination with the afore mentioned events, as well as the Warranty Hassle, I have decided to return the item. It was sent back today, 8-1-05 via USPS Priority Mail.

You get Delivery Confirmation or Return Receipt so this person can not claim they never received the return?

American Zombie said:
You get Delivery Confirmation or Return Receipt so this person can not claim they never received the return?

Yes, I have Delivery Confirmation on the package. If you print your labels online, Delivery Confirmation is free on Priority Packages :)

I also have read receipts on my e-mail, www.msgtag.com

Unless the authoritys said to do so I don't think I would have any communication with this person.

I decided not to send my e-mail, as that was pretty good advice. However, this clown has made 4 different e-mail addresses, and sends me an average of about 50+ e-mails at least 2-3 times a week. Honestly, I'm shocked that Yahoo even lets him send that much in such a short amount of time....

What the heck can I do here, I am biting my tongue so hard not to call and yell at this guy, hoping he'll just get bored, but apparently he likes to see himself write billions of messages...

It looks good to me. I think you are doing the honerable and right thing.

ejn74 said:
It looks good to me. I think you are doing the honerable and right thing.

Maybe, but the more I think about it the more I don't want to give him hard-copied ammo to use against me in some sick and twisted way. I have tried calling him, but he NEVER answers, all I need is 30 seconds with this guy......

AHHHHHHH!!! He made a new ebay accout, and sniped a few items I was selling. He's going to do this forever, and I'm powerless!

I did some investigating, I would like to be able to block users with "0" feedback, since I already blocked his main account and he's making new ones, but these are the only options I have:

Buyers in countries to which I don't ship
Block buyers who are registered in countries to which I don't ship. This requirement can help you avoid buyers who agree to purchase your items without realizing you don't ship to their location.

Buyers with a negative feedback score
Block buyers who have a feedback score of -1-2-3 or lower.This requirement can help you avoid buyers who have received more negative than positive feedback from other eBay members.

Buyers with Unpaid Item strikes
Block buyers who have received 2 Unpaid Item strikes in the last 30 days.This requirement can help you avoid buyers with a history of not paying for items they have agreed to purchase.

Buyers who may bid on several of my items and not pay for them
Block buyers who are currently winning or have bought 12345678910255075100 of my items in the last 10 days. Only apply this block to buyers who have a feedback score of 543210 or lower.

Consider selecting this requirement if you are selling expensive items and don't want to sell over a certain number to any single buyer. Learn more about how this requirement works.

Buyers without a PayPal account
Block buyers who don't have a PayPal account. (Note: This block only applies to future listings and can be disabled per item on the Sell Your Item form.) This requirement can help you avoid Unpaid Items, as PayPal account holders have up to an 80% lower Unpaid Item rate.

Also, I get the feeling he's going to leave negative feedback, I am not listing anything else until I can figure something out here.

This sucks! :dead:

kcnychief said:
However, this clown has made 4 different e-mail addresses, and sends me an average of about 50+ e-mails at least 2-3 times a week. Honestly, I'm shocked that Yahoo even lets him send that much in such a short amount of time....

Report this person as a spam sender to his ISP or Yahoo and they may cancel the account.

you should really contact the ebay Law Enforcement security center, telling them your situation. you were threatened by this guy and by that mean alone
the police should be involved......

EBAY security center (law enforcement

tdinc said:
you should really contact the ebay Law Enforcement security center, telling them your situation. you were threatened by this guy and by that mean alone
the police should be involved......

EBAY security center (law enforcement

I didnt know that existed, I'll see what I can do there, thanks!

American Zombie said:
Report this person as a spam sender to his ISP or Yahoo and they may cancel the account.

Judging from the IP his e-mails are sent from, I'm 99% sure he's got some BS Dial-up account. Since this is the case and he uses multiple free yahoo e-mail accounts, not much I can do there....

kcnychief said:
Judging from the IP his e-mails are sent from, I'm 99% sure he's got some BS Dial-up account. Since this is the case and he uses multiple free yahoo e-mail accounts, not much I can do there....

My offer still stands :) My mailservers are equipped to be able to block whole countries down to individual mail addresses.

The choice is yours.

LordOfLA said:
My offer still stands :) My mailservers are equipped to be able to block whole countries down to individual mail addresses.

The choice is yours.

Yeah....well I have dropped 1and1, and now primarily use gmail. I was able to setup "filters" online and it will move anything he sends me directly to the trash. Only problem is he makes new names all the time between yahoo and hotmail, so I will have to keep updating. The good thing about this, is that when I was straight blocking it before, he got an e-mail stating I was blocking him. Now, it will just go to trash (haven't logged in to see if it works yet) and he can send all he wants. I use gmail through outlook so it kills my inbox when he sent me 47 emails yesterday :(

OK, so I contacted ebay through Live Chat, and was told I had to send an e-mail into them, so here is what I sent....

Report problems with other eBay members > Problems with buyers > User is bidding/buying to harass seller or prevent sale
Suspicious Accounts:
Other Associated Accounts:
Associated item numbers:
Message: This all started when I won and paid for 88888888 with an e-check. He shipped the item, when I received it I tried to transfer the warranty through Dell, they could not confirm previous owner information. And after I told them I bought it on eBay they said it might be stolen. So, I stopped the payment on the e-check, and returned it to the seller. Ever since then, he sends me about 50 emails every 2-3 days, and he is bidding on my items and winning, with the intent not to pay and leave negative feedback. Item 88888888 as referenced above is the first item he has won, but you'll notice he bought the full quantity. I have blocked both his accounts, but he will just keep creating new ones, and this is frustrating. Please help me!
I have it in writing, through e-mail, that he has threatened to come to my apartment to "collect", that if I don't pay (eventhough the item has been returned) "he will make sure things don't go smooth for me" and also apparently he has made a webpage about me.
I am willing to take legal action, as a Denial Of Service attack on my e-mail is a Federal Offense, but I wanted to try this route first. Please advise, thanks

So, now I wait 24-48 hours to see how I should proceed.....

This gets more and more interesting....

So the number that this guy has on file with eBay I have tried to call for weeks. Someone FINALLY picked up today, and said it was a payphone. I don't know if that is true or not, but who cares, keep reading...

I also found out his real name, the name on his account is not his true first name, and I did a google. The first result that comes up, is that on August 8th of 2005, he pled guilty 4 counts of cruelty to animals! Nice guy isn't it? I also called his phone number that was listed within Whitepages.com, and it's been disconnected.

He has e-mailed me today, apparently my gmail filters aren't working....

I would really really advise you NOT to contact this individual in ANY way. You never know if he may well try and turn anything you write back on you (a phone call isn't recorded - minus the phone record showing you called - and he could make up that you threatend him or anything of the sort). You also don't want to be seen as instigating anything.

I would contact both the police (for harastment, mail bombing of your email account, ect) as well as Ebay and Yahoo!. Those are the people to keep bugging until something happens to this guy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back