Doom III

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by leebobs, Jan 26, 2003.

1. leebobs

leebobs Guest

Has anyone sucessfully obtained a copy of DOOM III from file sharing or IRC channels??!?

I am asking because I have found 3 versions of the game 100mb, 300mb and 750mb versions. Anyone know which one to download??

I am thinking 750mb is an iso but am not sure....

Thanks

Andy

2. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team

750 or higher

3. Burpster

Burpster Guest

i had a good copy and it wasnt all that big if i remember correctly it was around 389 meg. or so

correction 368meg !!

4. Octopus

Octopus Moderator

the leaked version was 400 MB in rar format.
    don't get it, you will be waisting your time and your money it's impossible to run it on less than 2 GHZ 512 MB ram and ATI pro 9700...those with geforce 4 got 2-6 FPSs!

5. Burpster

Burpster Guest

yes its a complete waste of time ... the real file size on IRC is 368meg ...but its a waste of bandwidth

6. Terrahertz

Terrahertz Extinction Agenda Political User Folding Team

Thats true in some respects. I actually got up tp 23 with that demon dog for about two seconds lol:D

7. Nin.Co

Nin.Co Guest

well on my AMD Althon XP 1900+ and 640 mb DDR and a GeForce 2 Mx 400, i got about 20 fps stable, some times went down to 10 but most up to 20, the reason, this guy that i know was screwing around with some congifs, and some how got the game to run smoother and use less resources.

In total, i do not feel that it was a waste of my time however now i know what Doom III has, and i don't think i wanted to know that right away.