Doom III Review

Wait you want more?

Go on line and set the filters for games with no passwords HAHAHAHHA

They dont work ........... the mulitplayer part of the game is a joke

granted they might be able to patch it up and they will I am sure but out of the box DOOM 3 is not what the hype said it was going to be.

i think that most of the hype came from the Doom name. come on. Id software took a hella long break between Doom 3 and the other two. Plus, they went from chapters, to practically one HUGE map. just wasn't appealing. Glad i didn't buy the game, otherwise i'd probably be pretty pissed. i'm just waiting for Half-Life 2 right now. After that..... i don't know. Probably The Legend of Zelda. maybe something in between the 2, since the next Zelda supposedly isn't due out till around March-ish, but as of right now, i don't know of any other game i might be lookin forward to.

Yeah hype can and has killed many ah game that otherwise might have fair better. Problem is hype spreads like a virus ... look at ps2 sales :p

Hey ED how do you like your FX5700 is that an Ultra?

I am getting one next week I know its about the same as my ATI 9600 XT I am getting the Chaintech FX5700 ultra I got a good deal and wanted something to play with , I dont wanna spend 500$ right now on a card .. so over all what's good about your FX5700 and what's not?

off topic I know

the prices of the older graphics cards like the 5700 ultra will come down as soon as the 6800 and x800 become more slightly more mainstream in like a month or so, you could probably save 50-75 if you waited.

It's full of ****ing monster closets, for Christ's sake. Monster closets! There's a monster just sitting in a closet that won't open until you walk past it. What's up with that?"

Read More

Damn funny article. I don't want to say it but this game is not very good.

chaos945 said:
Damn funny article. I don't want to say it but this game is not very good.

BRAVO !! BRAVO !!

See I was not gonna buy the game my girlfriend got it for me as a gift so I was of course happy, and I wont tell her how bad this game really is, as too not hurt her feelings ... but really that article is right on the money

The ones that wont admit that are just ashamed they got taken and spent their money on it, or have not had the pleasure of Painkiller or Far Cry to at least have something to compare it too ... I play for an hour and switch over to Painkiller or Far Cry and say wow nice games we have here :)

I dont wanna keep on about it but I am glad I did not drop my 80$Can, but am a little pissed my Girlfriend did.

Its selling for $64.99 CAD, $49.30 USD, 27.02 GBP in Calgary, CA.

chaos945 said:
Its selling for $64.99 in Calgary, CA.

$69.95 plus $4.90 TPS plus $5.61 TVQ = $80.46 cents

Store = Microplay in Candiac , Quebec

I also have Far cry, and the only thing it has going for it really is the water effects. The charachter models in Doom 3 look way better. Look at the evil guys face in the engine driven cutscene at start of Doom 3 compared to Jacks face in one of the engine driven cutscenes in Far Cry.

wachtourak said:
I also have Far cry, and the only thing it has going for it really is the water effects. The charachter models in Doom 3 look way better. Look at the evil guys face in the engine driven cutscene at start of Doom 3 compared to Jacks face in one of the engine driven cutscenes in Far Cry.

Well if you only see the water effect thats your right not to want to see past that ...

You did not like the way the vehicels drive? The zooming on the sniper rifle? The shadows of the leaves over the back of your hand?

The AI of the guys running gun fights between the trees or how they did not pop out of the closet in the same dam place all the time like in DOOM 3 you know the closet monsters LOLOL

Hell come on give credit where it is due at least in Far Cry the bad guys are not always in the same place, do not always say the same things, will not react the same way twice,.. ect ect ect

The montser closet things have really been bugging me. I'm somewhat of an aspiring architect, and I'm sitting here thinking, "why would they build a little closet with a spring loaded hatch door, with no vents, no cabinets, etc?" Quite convenient how its just big enough to fit an imp in there.

The other thing I keep thinking is, don't imps or demons have anything better to do than sit in front of a doorway and wait for somebody to come through it. I'm talking about the ones that leap at you and start slashing you the very second you open a door, it's not like it was just passing by and had good timing. It had to be crouched there just waiting. :-\

Well as a few of you all have stated that hype of games is what has driven demand. But I for one have been let down too many times. After reading the review and the guy said he finished the game in 23 hrs, I was like no way. Bust Buy has Doom3 for $50, that is like paying $2 per hour to play the game. I will buy it when I can get it used for $10.

hmm.... i would try it, but i already uninstalled it out of shear hatred.... but someone should try the noclip cheat. if you can actually go anywhere, including outside of the map's normal boundaries, maybe you can see if the monsters do in fact just sit behind the doors leading to a very large room waiting for the door to open.

Kermit: No, it's not an ultra, but i like it much better than my FX5200.

Ketchupisyourfriend said:
The montser closet things have really been bugging me. I'm somewhat of an aspiring architect, and I'm sitting here thinking, "why would they build a little closet with a spring loaded hatch door, with no vents, no cabinets, etc?" Quite convenient how its just big enough to fit an imp in there.

The other thing I keep thinking is, don't imps or demons have anything better to do than sit in front of a doorway and wait for somebody to come through it. I'm talking about the ones that leap at you and start slashing you the very second you open a door, it's not like it was just passing by and had good timing. It had to be crouched there just waiting. :-\

LOLOL

ElementalDragon said:
hmm.... i would try it, but i already uninstalled it out of shear hatred.... but someone should try the noclip cheat. if you can actually go anywhere, including outside of the map's normal boundaries, maybe you can see if the monsters do in fact just sit behind the doors leading to a very large room waiting for the door to open.

Kermit: No, it's not an ultra, but i like it much better than my FX5200.

Cool ED I can see why you would like it better than the FX5200 no doubts

:)

I found the game for $39.99 CAD.

ElementalDragon: The monsters just sit there...

Kermit_The_Frog said:
Well if you only see the water effect thats your right not to want to see past that ...

You did not like the way the vehicels drive? The zooming on the sniper rifle? The shadows of the leaves over the back of your hand?

The AI of the guys running gun fights between the trees or how they did not pop out of the closet in the same dam place all the time like in DOOM 3 you know the closet monsters LOLOL

Hell come on give credit where it is due at least in Far Cry the bad guys are not always in the same place, do not always say the same things, will not react the same way twice,.. ect ect ect

Sorry I thought you were talking in purely a graphical sense. I couldn't see the shadows on my hand/gun cos I didn't have the graphics turned up that high. :( Yeah I thought the vehicles are great, especially the boats in multiplayer. I thought the AI in far cry was pretty good, but the enemies still didn't work well enough in packs, like the Marines do in Half-life, and they still see you run through a door and follow your down there and let you shoot them in the face. I'm still waiting for AI, which in that situation, waits for you to make the first move, I'm hoping HL2 will deliver on that.

But at the moment I am having an awesome time playing Doom 3, sure, I'm only up the alpha labs bit (been having to do homework and other crap, so haven't had much time) but I love the atmosphere and tension that this game has.

I'm not saying Far Cry wasn't a good game. Far from it, it has been the best FPS since Half-life IMO. But I am really really enjoing Doom 3 right now, but I don't think I could say one is better than the other, they are 2 very different games. Just like Doom 3 and Half-life 2 will be.

wachtourak said:
Sorry I thought you were talking in purely a graphical sense. I couldn't see the shadows on my hand/gun cos I didn't have the graphics turned up that high. :( Yeah I thought the vehicles are great, especially the boats in multiplayer. I thought the AI in far cry was pretty good, but the enemies still didn't work well enough in packs, like the Marines do in Half-life, and they still see you run through a door and follow your down there and let you shoot them in the face. I'm still waiting for AI, which in that situation, waits for you to make the first move, I'm hoping HL2 will deliver on that.

But at the moment I am having an awesome time playing Doom 3, sure, I'm only up the alpha labs bit (been having to do homework and other crap, so haven't had much time) but I love the atmosphere and tension that this game has.

I'm not saying Far Cry wasn't a good game. Far from it, it has been the best FPS since Half-life IMO. But I am really really enjoing Doom 3 right now, but I don't think I could say one is better than the other, they are 2 very different games. Just like Doom 3 and Half-life 2 will be.

Too bad you dont have the details up that high what about difficulty ? I seen the AI changes alot depending on the level we choose ...

Hey don't get me wrong I like DOOM 3 hell I better at least act like I do my girlfriend paid for it LOLOL and we live togehter sooooooooo

What I really want is them to fix the mulitplayer part of DOOM 3 I hate when hackers and cheaters ruin the game for everyone else.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back