Doom 3 Settings

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by SPeedY_B, Mar 24, 2005.

1. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Does anyone know why the Settings (resolution, quality, bla bla) aren't saved no matter how many times they're set in Doom3 ?

(Asking for a friend)

2. lancer

lancer There is no answer! Political User Folding Team

has to be a program error, because they do save, perhaps if you find the file that saves these settings delete it, doom should recreat it and then perhaps it'll keep em, other a reinstall is in order, or perhaps someone, anyone wiser than me (wont be hard), can help.

3. skizo

skizo OSNN Addict

Saves for me. :)

Is this friends copy legit?

4. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

Yes it is. I doubt it's the config file though, It's a fresh install of the game. He's recently formatted and re-installed XP SP2, and installed Doom3 whilst I was there. It just seems to be temperamental, it remembered the settings once out of about 8 or so launches of the game.

5. emeritus

emeritus Beware the Monkeys!!!

This may sound stupid, but make sure he is hitting apply when he makes the changes.

6. Aprox

Aprox Moderator Political User

Also, when you are exiting the game be sure you are leaving the by hitting Exit.. blah blah. With some games if you make options changes and leave the game by non standard methods (typing quit or exit in console for example) they dont save changes. Or atleast this has been my experience.