Doom 3 - Now Gold?

1.5GHz, 384mb, 8500. Seems like a nicely matched up system to me?

Seems ok to me but with either of those cards we are not talking details ON , thats for sure

ps: they wont make a game that is not playable on the "large" numbers of machines ... its only about 1% of the population of gamers that have "high" end cards

Kermit_The_Frog said:
Seems ok to me but with either of those cards we are not talking details ON , thats for sure
yeah sounds like if you want doom3 slideshow :rolleyes:

Well the game was originally developed on and using GeForce 3's, so you can pretty much take that anything higher should run it at acceptable prettiness :p

The alpha leak from a while back looked very nice running on a GeForce3, and even looked ok on GeForce2's (had to be ran low res, of course) obviously the game has been optimised since then, so it should run fairly well now :)

what are the specs for the game..would it happen to be able to maybe run good on a laptop?

If the laptop has an independent graphics chip/board, then it may run Ok, shared graphics will curl up and die. Specs are apparently: 1.5GHz P4/AMD 1500, 384mb Ram, Radeon 8500/GeForce3.

Oh, and 2GB hdd space. It comes on 3CD's and meet bernie:

Bernie-425_1090528307.jpg

:D

ok ok..my laptop dies..so i sent it in to get fixed..they said they will replace it..with one of these..

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&u=c&catoid=-8026&qp=0&oid=95422&m=0

http://www.circuitcity.com/detail.jsp?c=1&b=g&u=c&catoid=-8026&qp=0&oid=95729&m=0

The HP has 256 more ram..but whats cool is they have to meet my specs from my old laptop..i had the widescreen and 512 ram...so i will prob get the Hp unles they give me more ram...but i hope it would play on it! And when is the release date....

As long as the laptop has it's own graphics chip (not shared memory) and a decent HDD, then it should be able to run Doom3 if it meets the minimum specs.. however it won't run amazingly, should still be playable though :)

With regards to the launch, that would be 6 Days, 2 Hours, 4 Minutes, 26 Seconds, from the time of this post ;)

http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=197042

seems like interesting news.... but doesn't seem worth getting, or even worth the bandwidth to pirate it. I mean yeah, it seems like it COULD be a great game.... minus all the flashlight usage. i am not one who tends to like the idea of walking around dark hallways with fairly large zombie-ish dudes, and the first thing in your hand when you get to them is a fuggin flashlight. me... i tend to go with the old saying "shoot first, ask questions later". Half-Life 2 = probably lots less flashlight usage

I envy the fact its already out in the USA, early.
I hope the same thing happens in the UK.

SPeedY_B said:
Oh, and 2GB hdd space. It comes on 3CD's and meet bernie:

Bernie-425_1090528307.jpg

:D

It's actually 1.5GBs...if that's even worth pointing out!

1.5gb, nice. Are there options for "normal" and "full" install etc?

Nope..no options like that (if i remember rightly).

Finished with it for today when a horde of scary spider type things went for me...i couldnt get the ladder to come down cos they were biting m'ankles...tried a grenade, went horribly wrong.

lol...i know my graphics card wouldnt handle it.

i can probably play it quite nicely.... though i don't know if i'm going to.

P.S. if anyone is feeling in a giving mood.... i won't mind if you send me This as a little early Half-Life 2 release celebration present. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back