Doom 3 - Now Gold?

I think the front page new spretty much sums my whole opinion; Doom 3 is (potentially) less than a month away. Better start saving money for the graphics card :)

about the floppy disk picture..... yes, you'd DEFINITELY need more floppies than that.

Easy way to tell:
Unreal Tournament 2004 = over 5GB when installed. Doom 3 will most definitely have multiplayer... and a much more involving single player mode than UT EVER will. UT2004 would probably need close to about 5 THOUSAND floppies. do the math. :)

Hate to tell you guys this, but..... it was a joke :eek:

what makes you think we're not joking too? i knew it was a joke, i was just pointing out that 4 little stacks of floppies would even be fake.

Actually ... Doom 3 is gold.

Todd Hollenshead, CEO of id has updated his .plan file at

http://www.webdog.org/plans/6/

7-14-2004 11:52 AM CDT

IT'S DONE!!!!!!!

Yes, this is the official word that DOOM 3 has been code released and has been approved for manufacturing!
It won't be long now until the anticipation ends and the PH34R begins ;-) We literally just hung up with
Activision and have confirmed that our latest release candidate has been mutually approved and is finally
GOLD. Thanks to everyone for their patience (yeah right! =) and for everyone at id, Activision and our
numerous partners for helping us create what I believe is absolutely the best game we have ever made.

So, the next question is release dates. Retailers in the States will be allowed to pick up games starting
at 12:01 AM on August 3rd. The official street date is actually August 5th in the U.S.A., but some of
your favorite stores will probably have it early for those of you who have to have it first. Check with
your local retailer for that information.

Internationally, the game will take a few more days to make it to the store shelves. The UK will probably get it first, on or about August 6th. Everywhere else will probably be Friday, August 13th (que Twilight Zone Theme) or close to that date, with just a few exceptions (e.g. Russia and Poland). This isn't
because we don't have love for you folks outside the U.S., but the localization and manufacturing process
takes a bit longer outside the U.S. where we will have JVC run 24/7 to get the units built. I guess the
European manufacturers prefer to give their employees nights and weekends off. Go figure!

The champagne is flowing here at id and smiles abound!

I'll update again with some DOOM 3 preparation tips (not what hardware to buy - you'll have to wait for
a programmer for that sort of thing). In the meantime, I want to see those "DOOM 3 GOLD!!!" threads set
new records for swamping message board servers, destroying productivity, and post counts ;-)

Recapping today's headlines....DOOM 3 GOLD!!!

I CAN'T CAN'T CAN'T CAN'T WAIT!

Also, for those of you who wanted the DVD version for Europeans and limited supply for USA until later, it seems like you are out of luck. This article says there won't be a DVD version. It'll come out in 3 or 4 CDs, but not DVD.

The game will ship on either three or four CDs. Despite the hopes of hard-core gamers, though, there will not be a DVD version of the game, id Software CEO Todd Hollenshead told CNN/Money.

Source: http://money.cnn.com/2004/07/14/commentary/game_over/column_gaming/index.htm

I already have mine pre-ordered, have you? heh.

why buy the DVD version when there's DVD+/-RW drives? :) first thing i did with my DVD burner was created my own UT2004 DVD version. almost certain there will be some way to combine all the contents of the CD's onto one DVD to install with.

P.S. 3 or 4 CD's? damn. that's not a lot. even UT2003 had 3. UT2004 has 6. 5 install and one play. does that mean.... Doom 3 might NOT have multiplayer? or will it have seriously crappy single player?... one can only wonder.

As far as I know, only the Xbox version will have multiplayer.

ElementalDragon said:
...EEW!!! Multiplayer + Console = controller = bleh. keyboard and mouse = wewt.
Xbox doesn't have kb/mouse? Dreamcast did :)

i don't know if it actually does have a Keyboard and mouse. don't care either. only 2 systems for me, and those 2 are PC and GC

Not sure if the Xbox does have a keyboard and mouse you can buy. I don't think so. It isn't so bad when you get used to it. I wouldn't trade mine for a GC or PS2. I prefer my first-person carnage on the PC though, so I won't be getting an Xbox version.

They both have multi-player, the only difference is that the xBox will have a co-operative mode.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back