Domain Problems

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by miyagi701, Mar 4, 2002.

1. miyagi701

miyagi701 Guest

Situation: I live in the dorms of a college campus. I am running XP Professional. I also have a file share on a server on-campus. However, it is on a seperate domain. When I try to access it through Net. Neighborhood, it tells me that it "is not accessible." I am going to go out on a limb and say that I beleive that this is because it is set up on another domain that is accessed through Kerberos. I am certain that it is not the connection from here to the server, becuase my roomate can access it through his Macintosh using AFP, which is not on the Kerberos domain. I am wondering if there is any way that I can access this file share. I appreciate all of the info. Thank you.
    -matt

2. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

Switch To Windows Classic logon and join the domain in the Network Identification area of the System control panel. Then log off and select <SCHOOLDOMAIN> from the "Log On To" menu

JJB6486

3. chooch

chooch Guest

You could also try to map a drive to the server by performing the following:

- Right click My Network Place and selecte Map Network Drive
    - Click on the Connect using a different User Name
    - Enter the Domain name followed by a \ and your username (i.e. DomainName\UserName)
    - Enter your Domain Password
    - Click the OK button

This should do it for you.

4. miyagi701

miyagi701 Guest

Many Thanks!

Thanks, you people are great. Saves me a lot of hassle with third party AFP programs. I used the Mapping the Net Drv. method. Works exactly like I wanted.
    -Matt