does my cpu support 64bits?

sorry i couldnt load the pics u posted they were blocked, **** saudi internet

Which part of "IT IS NOT AN AMD 64 Processor" are you not understanding?

LeeJend said:
Which part of "IT IS NOT AN AMD 64 Processor" are you not understanding?
dude i already understand that its an athlon xp but gonaads told me to download an updated app from amd to check it out, i did it and i post what the app says.

I think now its more what do have if I don't have what I thought I bought.

chastity said:
I think now its more what do have if I don't have what I thought I bought.
well....actualy i got it free, the guaranty replace my old one with this, i was just asking if it supports 64 bits programs.

Well it seems that the answer to the question is NO. It does not support 64 bit anything.

It is basically and AMD Athlon XP CPU, no more no less.

Sorry. :)

Just a side note, you need to update your PC, you need to install SP2.

unknown_user said:
well....actualy i got it free, the guaranty replace my old one with this, i was just asking if it supports 64 bits programs.

Curious...

what specs was your old one?

j79zlr said:
well....i dont really like SP2

1. it changes the bootscreen, it dosent says: Windows Xp Professional
2.takes too much space
3.SP2 its all about updates and fixes but i had never got a problem without them
4.almost everything about SP2 you can get it via Windows Update
5.the first time i installed it, it slowdown my pc

j79zlr said:

LOL no he don't nothing all that great about SP2 actually its causeing real headaches for some , ie direct cable connections seem to get stuck with a 169.xxx.xxx.xxx ip and just wont reconnect to the net and seems to be SP2 related.

Uh, OK, I have installed SP2 on maybe 75 PC's now without any issues. If you are getting a 169 address that means the network card cannot find the DHCP server and it gets assigned a generic address.

I don't really care I guess, if people were smart enough to update, I wouldn't make so much money fixing all of the crap they get on their PC's.

j79zlr said:
Uh, OK, I have installed SP2 on maybe 75 PC's now without any issues. If you are getting a 169 address that means the network card cannot find the DHCP server and it gets assigned a generic address.

I don't really care I guess, if people were smart enough to update, I wouldn't make so much money fixing all of the crap they get on their PC's.
so your saying that everyone that dosent want to upgrade to SP2 its dumb? dude theres people that still use windows 98 and 2000 so are they dumb too cause they dont whant to pay $100 for a new OS when they are happy with there current one?.

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying, if you run 98 or 2k, you still have to stay current on updates. M$ does not push out updates usually unless there is a known exploit that they are patching, so if there is an update, update. Look at the damage done by the blaster worm, the patch was out weeks before it was wide spread, it was the ignorance of the end user that enabled it to spread. Then months later the exact same thing happened with the sasser worm.

j79zlr said:
Yes, that is exactly what I am saying, if you run 98 or 2k, you still have to stay current on updates. M$ does not push out updates usually unless there is a known exploit that they are patching, so if there is an update, update. Look at the damage done by the blaster worm, the patch was out weeks before it was wide spread, it was the ignorance of the end user that enabled it to spread. Then months later the exact same thing happened with the sasser worm.
just wondering if its true what your saying then why Internet Explorer 7 will only be for XP?. does they want to damage earlier OS like 98,me and 2000 just to force users to upgrade to XP?

Well in short yes, you really shouldn't be using IE at all anyways because of the security risk on any system, upgraded or not, but yes that is the plan from MS, the support cycle is going to run out on 98 and 2000 shortly. I don't agree with it, but it is what it is. Recently a vulnerability was found in IE6 SP1, but the patch was only released for Win2k, the 98 patch was not made, because MS deemed it non-critical, but deemed it highly critical on all other OS. They are priceless.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS05-020.mspx

Notice there is no patch for 98, also note that Secunia deems this update as highly critical, as does MS. http://secunia.com/advisories/14922/

Well your 75 pc's is truely impressive! not really the simple fact that you have not seen a problem really does not mean that there are none to see , just that the 75 machines you say you installed to did not show anything while installing , the fact you see 169.xxx.xxx.xxx as a dhcp service problem is self explained in the very nature of its problem again nothing to write home about there dr watson . The fact that the 169.xxx.xxx.xxx problem is on SP2 machines and not on SP1 machines sure as hell looks like a clue dont you think sherlock?

And the fact that sp2 was delayed so long for corps is another sure sign , I am not talking about some little old lady from passadina sitting at home or playing solitaire I am talking about machines that actually do something like "work in a multi national corp" and have all kinds of very unique little tele windows and programs running.

j79zlr said:
Well in short yes, you really shouldn't be using IE at all anyways because of the security risk on any system, upgraded or not, but yes that is the plan from MS, the support cycle is going to run out on 98 and 2000 shortly. I don't agree with it, but it is what it is. Recently a vulnerability was found in IE6 SP1, but the patch was only released for Win2k, the 98 patch was not made, because MS deemed it non-critical, but deemed it highly critical on all other OS. They are priceless.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS05-020.mspx

Notice there is no patch for 98, also note that Secunia deems this update as highly critical, as does MS. http://secunia.com/advisories/14922/
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/05/27/422721.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2005/02/15/373104.aspx

i dont really know why are they doing this, it looks like its the big oportunity to firefox to take over

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back