Does Motorola Phonetools Charge V3?

stunna2006

OSNN One Post Wonder
i have phonetools version 4.04 and my phone says charging. but i left the phone hooked up all day. when i unplug the phone from the computer, it says 3 bars and full 6/6 on battery meter. but when the phone is plugged to the computer it says 1 bar on the phone blinking and the words charging. then it says 20% battery on the phonetools screen and 2/6 on the battery meter. i left it hooked up for 6 hours while i was at school.... is it really charging or not?

I personally wouldn't pay too much attention to what MPT says, however keep in mind that charing the battery via PC isn't the most recommended way, meaning the battery may show fully charged, but the charge itself doesn't last. Charging the battery via PC is more for those drive-by kind of things, it's best to charge it from the wall charger itself to get a "true" full charge.

Also in terms of the 1 bar flashing while charging, I get the samething, so it's probably by design to mean it's charging, not the amount of charge remaining. I just check it to say "Charge Complete", unplug and I have all 4 bars running strong...

All moto phones generally give a different charge level when charging. It is explained in the manual but does not make a lot of sense. Try using a better quality USB cable, it will make a difference. Note BB USB cables generally generate the message charge complete on the phone and this is an error.

Do we need to install additional driver to be able charge the phone via MPT? I've already install MPT 4.04 and I use Motorola A860, but it doesn't charge when hook up to usb cable. Or is it required different cable for charging?

It probably doesn't charge since the driver is being used by another program (MPT) to be able to do whatever you want in terms of down/up loading stuff to it. I've never really paid attention to it, but that's my opinion on it.

I don't think it's support charging, even I disconnect MPT, the phone still couldn't charge via USB.

Mine seems to charge just fine with the USB, I use it as an emergancy charger and it seems to work just fine. I don't know, or care if it fully charges it, becuase I only use it when I forget the charge my phone and I don't have my charger.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back