Do you think we need to start a political thread spot?

Would a spot for political motivated or charged threads be nice?

• Yes i think a seperate political spot would be nice.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Green room is fine.

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • shut up VenomXt

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters
With as many political motivated threads that we have had going i think it might be nice to take some heat off the green room. This is just my two cents and feel free to shut me up. But i think it would be nice to have a political (all nationalities) thread spot started.

even though I start political threads and like them, I'm not sure we want to encourage more of the same

they do get heated and opinionated...I'm guilty of this more then most

if someone said we don't do political topics here I wouldn't mind that idea even though I personally love the discussion

ohh i agree i just think that for people that like to stay out of them it might be nice. Im not saying we should egg them on.. But god knows they arent gona stop. I am also guilty of starting them. But i think we all know that even though we may have diffrent opinions this is "our" tech forum.. I mean i never hold grudges and i hope know one else does just because of a fast hot headed political thread. After all most of us can be considered adults... (most of the time lol). The fact is when tech news is slow these type of threads lets us get absorbed into something on OSNN. This is what makes this forum almost a family area too me. I dont know what i would do half the time if i didnt have this place.

it's more then a tech forum venom, it's a community and we look forward to all of the social intercourse

i edited my above statement before you posted that lol i believe the same thing.

I think a subsection within the Green room with very clear guidelines may not be such a bad idea.

There is nothing inherently wrong in discussing political, religious or otherwise sensitive topics and I am all for it :)

It has nothing to do with encouragement and it certainly would allow the Green room to be used for general blabber while the subsection could be used for socio-political and econimic topics.

Heck, lets call it the Socio-political and Economic Forum :cool:

I hate political threads, yet find myself draw into so many of them.

Yer a glutton for punishment.

But please don't ask to start a sado-masochist forum section.

:eek:

It's hard to avoid them, but they always turn into open flamewar. Most people that post here are opinionated and aren't afraid to have their voices heard, and the anonymity of the internet adds to that.

Maybe a subsection called "The Napalm Room"?

perris said:
I'm with whatever anyone wants
Agreed. I hate them but support the right for folks to discuss in them if thats what the majority agree on.

There will be strict guidelines enforced to prevent flaming.

We are all entitled to our opinions but calling people out and demeaning them will not be tolerated. So long as we keep our civility, it could well be fun and generate a little more traffic/interest in those discussions rather than just the usual suspects ;)

im glad my idea seems to be getting alittle favor.. i vote for the political napalm room lol

We are all entitled to our opinions but calling people out and demeaning them will not be tolerated. So long as we keep our civility, it could well be fun and generate a little more traffic/interest in those discussions rather than just the usual suspects

I agree i just dont want to see strict guidlines come down. I hate censorship but i think a personal attack is a shotty thing to do in a forum. (usually comes from you just not having a good point.)

Censorship is not going to be the other of the day if this section comes up. If that were the case than why have the section at all.

However if disparaging remarks are made, as with any other part of these forums, those will be dealt with in the appropriate manner.

The guidelines will be an addendum basically to conform with the undoubtedly more heated discussion in said forum (if it were to come to be) to prevent personal attacks. Not to limit discussions.

sounds good to me. I think this will be a relife for those tired of going to the green room and seeing war lol.

perris said:
...we look forward to all of the social intercourse
Hey, I look forward to ALL intercourse, social and otherwise... :laugh:

perris said:
I'm with whatever anyone wants
I want Jennifer Garner...see above... :eek:

Unwonted said:
Maybe a subsection called "The Napalm Room"?
Yep, that works for me!

If there is a political threads section I'd like to ask for a "new posts sans political wastes of time" button....

edit: otherwise politics should be removed from osnn all together. OSNN is a tech news site and tech community, not a "which political figure head/policy do you want to bash today? community"

As long as Perris is not the moderator of it lol! and there are some strict guidelines, I think it could work .. You have to remember that even with guidelines there will still be someone who falls off the wagon ..

We will make sure that there are sharp and shiny spikes to greet those who fall off.

After, free BBQ for all :devious:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back