do you think adding RAm would help?

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
i currently have 256ddr ram. and i usually like to multitask and stuff and i thought 256 would be enough . but when i load my games it takes a long time to open up another program. do you think geting 512mb (or maybe 256) more RAM would help??

by the way RAM is cheap now these days! 55 bucks for 512 kingston DDR RAM!

btw Kingston is what i have currently in my system

its always best to get some extra ram while the price is low... also, 256mb ram is pretty much beginning to become standard for systems with winxp (for them to run any good at least)

512mb is like £42 in UK... I'm debating whether to get 1gb of ram this weekend when i get my p4 2.4ghz :)

lucky for you ddr is cheap. im currently using rumbus rams (pc-800) and wanting to upgrade but i dont see these ram price dropping at all. dunnno why rumbus is so expensive, plus these have been around pretty long already

get more ram as much as u can afford while the price is down, its predicted that its going to be headed back up at the end of march, so in a few weeks :(

u r going 2 notice huge differances in performance from two hundred and fifty six mbs 2 five hundred and twelve mbs, but after that, you will almost surely notice no diff at all.

save your money after 512

i used to have 384 mb of ram then i added another 128 to make it 512 and noticed quite a bit better performance... so i'd say definitely go for it.

I went from 512mb ddr 2700 to 768mb and was impressed by the diifference .....:)

Most everything, opens faster , crunching video is smoother , commpressing music also , and overall game play is faster , smoother :)

cool! i need to get me some RAM.. oh and is it easy to install? do you plug them in those blue slots or white slots (look @ pic)?

Originally posted by prodj88
cool! i need to get me some RAM.. oh and is it easy to install? do you plug them in those blue slots or white slots (look @ pic)?

Ohhhh man hes in trouble :D :p

You could try putting the ram in the white slots, just remember to have a camera ready and post some pics here when you're done. Muhahahahaha. :p

Originally posted by jumpy
You could try putting the ram in the white slots, just remember to have a camera ready and post some pics here when you're done. Muhahahahaha. :p

LOL, go for it :D

prodj88: I am assuming you are running XP. In case you are not, and you happen to be running ME or 9x you need to be aware that they will not recognize anything over 512.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back