do you Floppy or Not?

yeh mines about the same when it's floppy.... :p

(couldn't resist that)

Haven't used floppies in years, don't have a floppy drive, don't even have the **** needed to install a floppy drive, boot from DVD and CD :)

or fall over laghing.................

hmm :)

i have a floppy drive still, and i use it from time to time...

it's useful when trying to resurrect an old PC from the dead that may or may not have a cdrom drive ( :O )

i use it on my system from time to time to run diagnostics, and i still need to get into dos from time to time.

However, most of the time...I try not to use it. I never use a floppy at school. they finally got smart and they now have a "student work" network share that everyone can save to. and if i need to take it home, i upload it to my computer via FTP.

i hate floppies...and i wish we didn't need them anymore.

i have a feeling they will die soon enough though :)

I still have a floppy drive (3.5), however I rarely need to use it for taking stuff to school. The family laptop doesn't have one. Honestly I think they should have died off years ago.

look on the software that came with it ;) mine has the option to make it bootable as well as format/partition it :cool:

it was worth a shot :/ it's a very good utility :cool:

I also use a USB Flash Device, it is much much better than a floppy. I do have a floppy drive on my computer though, but I think I've used it.. once maybe?

The thing that bothers me is that some of the school computer have USB ports, some don't, all the ones that do have the USB ports inconveniently placed in the back with a lock on them. You can still use them, but it's difficult to get back there.

Thing I like about USB drives is size and speed. Can fit into the coin compartment of my wallet. USB will soon become a standard but floppies still have their benefits as mentioned above.

I have a 3.5 and always will for bootdisks, dos, utilities, firmwares, etc. Just bought 100 floppies just incase they get hard to find anytime soon.

Also have 5.25 around here somewhere too.

And a JAZ drive in a parts box somewhere...

Someday I'll find a use for it. Maybe as part of some "modern" art sculpture or something.

I have a floppy drive but i rarely use it. I use CD's for backing up :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back