do "Speed Up Your Internet" progs work?

dubstar

format c:
i just used Tweak XP 2.0.9, and i noticed for a moment my DSL jumped from 80kb/s to 129kb/s, stayed there for about a minute, than went back to 80kb/s. just wondering if there is any truth to these type of programs?

if so, which one is a solid one to purchase?

if not, any reg file tricks to raise speeds on my verizon dsl?

tia

cable nut will definately help

also go to dsl reports...

nothing huge, and to be honest, on broadband, the improvements are hardley notiveable.

but still, improvements never the less

I edit the registry manually according to the instructions that are provided at regedit.com (winguides), and I notice a drastic improvement. The best thing to do is go to dslreports as dealer mentioned, or a similar site, and test your bandwidth before and after you use a tweak or do the regedit yourself.

You shouldn't use a multitude of these tweaking apps, their different settings can conflict. I prefer cablenut because of its versatility. The winguides' and dslreports' tweaks are more "one size fits all" and this is definitely not the case since each connection is different.

Go here , its a page I put up that does all the calculations for cablenut for you.

If you are getting speeds close to your caps don't expect huge gains, but you should see an increase in stability for sure.

Originally posted by muzikool
regedit.com (winguides)

Couldn't agree more!. WinGuides have a downloadable app containing all their tweaks. What's more it is searchable, so ya can pick out other tweaks just by using that function.

I altered all my settings using this app, and it is very comprehensive. N.B. You'll need to edit the registry using regedit & regedit32 manually.
Never had a problem since, and my speeds have improved over WinXP's defaults greatly.

you guys sshould click on j79's page.

he put together a great tool for calculating your best settings.

you then enter it into cablenut.

honestly, again, the gains are not spectacular, but there will be gains

on j79's page how do i find out the stuff he is asking oin the bottom like the caps and stuff?

my xperience (i miss that name) with these so called accelerators are so so. and i have tried them all. even bought some of them online. bottom line, if u have a dial-up connection some of the appz DO work, and the features i would look for is pre-caching links on the sites ur visiting. downside to that is cpu usage and the cache folder does get filled fast..(if u at all care about that). those features doesent speed up the connection via the registry but they simply doesent load the ads on sites u visit.since i switched to cable i havent noticed much improvement from these appz. but appz like
adshield and adsgone does makes pages load faster even with cable or adsl. of course there is a downside to those appz too and that is that some of the sites u visit gets screwed up and they block content that u wanna see.
so my tip is (if u got broadband) is to get a regular pop-up blocker and leave it with that. u have many many options there, but a good freeware pop-up stopper is pop-up stopper from panicware.

my 2 cents

Never had any luck with these accelerator proggies, but I think I'm going to give CableNut a shot. ;)

oh

I forget

there is one program that will absolutely give every type of a connection an incredible booste in surfing...(not downloading)

very few peole I know did not see a huge improvement.

read this thread for more info

i would like to know where i can get a progrom or tweak or somethin for dial up. I always look every so often and never find anything.

cablenut is your best bet for 56k dialup as mentioned earlier in the thread.

here is the link

dslnuts.com :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back