Do I need more power?

D

Digerati

I'm putting together a new system and wondering if I will end up needing a bigger power supply to give everything enough juice.

I don't plan on doing any overclocking (except for maybe my vidcard).

I'm going to be running:

AthlonXP 2000+ T-bred
Vantec Aeroflow heatsink/TMD fan combo
Epox 8RDA+ or Soltek SL-75FRN-L nforce2 board (not sure whcih I should get yet, Epox is $24 more).
2x256 PC2700 DDR ram (generic, cas 3 I think, still shopping around, don't want to spend alot)
Abit Solureo GF4 Ti4200 128mb 8Xagp
Seagate Barracuda IV ata100 HD
Liteon 24x10x40x Cdrw
Sony 56x CDrom
Toshiba 6x DVDrom
Soundblaster Live 5.1 pci

Anyhow, not a speed demon, but an upgrade to my current Duron 950 setup.

So will my Antec 300w PS that came with my case do the job? or should I up it to 350w or 450w?

I don't plan on adding anything else to the system, and like I said, not planning on OCing except for alittle with my vidcard.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Get rid of your Sony 52x CD-ROM. You don't need it. You have a plenty fast burner and your DVD should be able to handle the rest.

And by the looks of it you'd have to plug it with your HDD which will bring your HDD to ATA33. Which means SLOW access times on your harddrive.

Put your burner and DVD on your secondary IDE cable.

Your 300Watt will be sufficient. Its not running anything exceptionally power intensive.

And its by Antec so it should run close to 300 Watts like its rated

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back