Divx is upside down

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by canadian_divx, Aug 10, 2003.

1. canadian_divx

canadian_divx Canadian_divx

all my divx vids nad mpeg vids are upside down in media player nad wimanp, they only play right in divx player. i have the more recent codec and just installed, i tryed the older ones and it is the same problem.
    this just started when i installed the new codecs. can someone help me fix this??
  2. There must be a setting somewhere for that codec maybe? I only use the Nimo Codec Pack, that has everything I need. But if you start mixing and matching it'll start going wrong. I would uninstall all codecs you have and just get the Nimo pack. Hope that helps :)
  3. funky dredd

funky dredd Moderator

It is the codecs. Try getting the Nimo codec pack and see if that helps.
  4. cpugeniusmv

cpugeniusmv Computer Genius

or if you already have the nimo codec pack...then you installed one of the codecs you shouldn't have....i can't remember what it's called, but it is only for use if your videos are upside down (may have caused your videos to mess up) but if you haven't...go for it, install :)
  5. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

One solution: Grab FFDShow Filter at http://www.divx-digest.com/software/ffdshow.html
    Install it and configure using configuration at start menu. At the miscellaneous menu, tick "flip video" and apply it.

Another solution: If you're comfortable with the Windows registry, then locate this key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Scrunch\WMVideo\Vertical Flip Packed YUV
    and then set the DWORD value of this registry key to 1.

*If the above key doesn't exist, then you can create it.

Yet another solution: Use the Sasami player, it has an option to flip video.
  6. canadian_divx

canadian_divx Canadian_divx

ah ok thnaks i will try that when i get home
  7. polarbear_ak

polarbear_ak OSNN Junior Addict

Denver, Colorado
    I have had the problem. I found out the issue was due to VobSub or programs that are smilar to it. So if you installed any software that you might have used for sub titles. I would uninstall it and see what happens
  8. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

This is true, VobSub can cause this issue. Still, the other options I suggested should take care of ya. :)