Divx under xp just won't work! I've tried many, many files Here is a summary of the errors I get: WMP (both new and old versions) -- crashes and asks to send error report to microsoft ThePlaya -- plays the movies but drops frames occasionally. Fast forward crashes the playa (a problem because if there is too much motion in a frame, it crashes the playa) BSPlayer -- first time I open a movie file it give me an error of the format "Access violation at address 77F5230C in module 'ntdll.dll'. Read of address FFFFFFFC. When I open the file the second time, it runs but the video is slow (yet the sound is at normal speed, it gets out of sync very badly very quickly). I've tried deleting all its registry keys, uninstalling and reinstalling, etc. Gdivx -- when it opens a file it says "An error occurred while attempting to play file "thefilename". blah blah (error code #-2137417848/Error description: Automation error The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.) But the file is still loaded, and it didn't used to give me that error. When I hit play it says "Run-time error '13': Type mismatch" Radlight -- gives me same error as bsplayer first time I load the file, crashes on second (without error message -- just kinda disappears) Other players -- any combination of the above. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling divx codecs multiple times, installing divx 3 then divx 4, installing nimo, installing wmp codec packs, and any combination of the above. Running Windows xp pro with geforce3 and game theater xp. Any hints you have would be very helpful. Thanks!