Distrorted Sound when playing games, or videos

Agurri

I am what I am
Hello again !

Guess what ? Yes, I'm back with another problem :nervous:. This time, it's ... the sound ! Ok ... here's the problem: As I posted on another thread, I had problems with my DVD and video crashing. But it wasnt only the video ... there was sound too. When the crashing occured, the sound would go c r a z y and distorted. But now, heck I don't know why, the distorted sound is spreading :eek: . When I play UT, I can play for ... 10 sec or 3 min, it depends, but everytime, I get this *brrrasdjbriasddifhdsfhsfdsdfidsfhisd* distorted sound. If i quit UT, it's still doing it, but once I open my sound card control panel, it stops. Btw, my sound card it a Aopen Cobra AW-850. BUT ( there is always a but), if I play UT in window mode ... .it won't do it ... isnt that strange! ... There is another issue ... if I play a video (non-dvd, juste a video file) with WMP, either in window or full screen, it works #1. If I play my video with either VLC or BSPlayer ... it *brrrasdjbriasddifhdsfhsfdsdfidsfhisd* until I close the program ... and then everything comes back to normal

Pleasssssse MTV , pimp my ride ...

Uh, please, help me ?

Thanks alot :)

Hmm...the first things to check are:

1. Make sure you have the latest firmware and drivers
2. Make sure the card is seated properly
3. Try another slot
4. Check for over-heating

LMK how it goes, and we'll go from there...

I should have said the sound card has been working 100 % for quite a time. But suddenly, it would make the *brrrasdjbriasddifhdsfhsfdsdfidsfhisd* sound with videos .... So, #2, 3, and 4 are OK. but I'll de-install the drivers, and reinstall them

UT2004 does have a major sound problem like what you described. My system does the same thing. Though it usually lasts longer than 3 min before starting. If you let it screech for a while it stops.

It should not be happpening on the other applications though.

What saelt said plus
5. Uninstall the sound in device manager and reinstall it.

Ok, I reinstalled the driver, changed the sound card PCI slot and still have the sound. It's weird it doesnt affect my sound in general, only in movies and in games.... and not in WMP and with BSplayer .... its sad.... and Lee, I tried that option too, without success....

Well to be honest a realy good sound card makes a world of difference and somethings draw heavy on the cpu and cause all kinds of problems, but a really good sound card will take the load away from the other components and make a big difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back