Distrorted Sound when playing games, or videos

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Agurri, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Agurri

Agurri I am what I am

Hello again !

Guess what ? Yes, I'm back with another problem :nervous:. This time, it's ... the sound ! Ok ... here's the problem: As I posted on another thread, I had problems with my DVD and video crashing. But it wasnt only the video ... there was sound too. When the crashing occured, the sound would go c r a z y and distorted. But now, heck I don't know why, the distorted sound is spreading :eek: . When I play UT, I can play for ... 10 sec or 3 min, it depends, but everytime, I get this *brrrasdjbriasddifhdsfhsfdsdfidsfhisd* distorted sound. If i quit UT, it's still doing it, but once I open my sound card control panel, it stops. Btw, my sound card it a Aopen Cobra AW-850. BUT ( there is always a but), if I play UT in window mode ... .it won't do it ... isnt that strange! ... There is another issue ... if I play a video (non-dvd, juste a video file) with WMP, either in window or full screen, it works #1. If I play my video with either VLC or BSPlayer ... it *brrrasdjbriasddifhdsfhsfdsdfidsfhisd* until I close the program ... and then everything comes back to normal

Pleasssssse MTV , pimp my ride ...

Uh, please, help me ?

Thanks alot :)

2. saeltmarae2k

saeltmarae2k OSNN Addict

Hmm...the first things to check are:

1. Make sure you have the latest firmware and drivers
    2. Make sure the card is seated properly
    3. Try another slot
    4. Check for over-heating

LMK how it goes, and we'll go from there...

3. Agurri

Agurri I am what I am

I should have said the sound card has been working 100 % for quite a time. But suddenly, it would make the *brrrasdjbriasddifhdsfhsfdsdfidsfhisd* sound with videos .... So, #2, 3, and 4 are OK. but I'll de-install the drivers, and reinstall them

4. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

UT2004 does have a major sound problem like what you described. My system does the same thing. Though it usually lasts longer than 3 min before starting. If you let it screech for a while it stops.

It should not be happpening on the other applications though.

What saelt said plus
    5. Uninstall the sound in device manager and reinstall it.

5. Agurri

Agurri I am what I am

Ok, I reinstalled the driver, changed the sound card PCI slot and still have the sound. It's weird it doesnt affect my sound in general, only in movies and in games.... and not in WMP and with BSplayer .... its sad.... and Lee, I tried that option too, without success....

6. Shamus MacNoob

Shamus MacNoob Moderator Political User

Well to be honest a realy good sound card makes a world of difference and somethings draw heavy on the cpu and cause all kinds of problems, but a really good sound card will take the load away from the other components and make a big difference.