Display Properties Help !!!!

A

alloy25

I would like to know how to stop every pic I have on my comp from going to my Display Properties Desktop Tab?????

Also, the ones that Win XP has by default......How do I get Rid of them in the Display Properties Desktop Tab??????

Alloy25

where are you saving them to ?? if they are in you "My Pictures" folder they will show up in there .. also in your windows/resource/themes folder ...

I have found that if you have desktop architect installed they will show up from that program folder as well ...

I have many subfolders that were created in My Pictures, and those pics don't show up in the list. You might want to try organizing your pics in subfolders if you haven't. And like lechtard said, you can remove any pics you want from the themes. I got rid of most of the default Windows picks to clean up the list a bit.

I think it also gets some of the pics from C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper. It sounds like you are just saving to one of the places that Windows checks for wallpapers. If you stop saving there and save to your own specified folder (besides My Pictures), I think it should solve the prob.

I havent had it pull pics from "My Pictures" folder only from C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper

Yes it takes them from my pictures folder and the web folder in c:/windows.........I want to know how to stop it from doing it other then making subfolders for my pix.........

Also I want to get rid of the default ones thet load wen you install XP....I've deleted them from c:windows\web\wallpaper....but they are still in the display prperties desktop tab ....How do I get rid of them from there....there has to be a tweak or something I can do to stop all these processes?????

Alloy25

I think you can get rid of the default ones by killin them from C:\windows\web\wallpaper, but they are also in My Pictures folder

Originally posted by Geffy
I think you can get rid of the default ones by killin them from C:\windows\web\wallpaper, but they are also in My Pictures folder

I did delete them from that folder and then i found some more in just the c:\windows folder as well and now the default ones are all gone....eeehhaaaaa!!!!

But wat about the ones from the my pictures folder ????

How do i stop it from getting pics on my comp and putting it into the desktop display?????? I only want the ones in c:\windows\web\wallpaper to be displayed !!!!!!

By the way Geffy....cool link to all the pix you use on the site...well done !!!!:happy:

Alloy25

thnx

I just checked and I dont get My Pictures Images in my desktop images selection. then I checked my My Pictures folder properties, it is on read-only and Make Private, see if either of those helps.

It is on read only and I checked that make private box but it didnt make a difference at all....Naughty pix are still linking to my desktop display tab???????

Alloy25

Originally posted by alloy25
I did delete them from that folder and then i found some more in just the c:\windows folder as well and now the default ones are all gone....eeehhaaaaa!!!!

But wat about the ones from the my pictures folder ????

How do i stop it from getting pics on my comp and putting it into the desktop display?????? I only want the ones in c:\windows\web\wallpaper to be displayed !!!!!!

By the way Geffy....cool link to all the pix you use on the site...well done !!!!:happy:

Alloy25
On display properties, select NONE, then apply/ok. Once you open it again, any pictures that were listed but deleted on your hard drive should not appear now.

Originally posted by Ziptrx
On display properties, select NONE, then apply/ok. Once you open it again, any pictures that were listed but deleted on your hard drive should not appear now.

The ones I deleted didnt appear after I opened it again...without setting it to none first....
Wat I want is to stop the pix from the "My Pictures "folder from loading up in the display settings......
There's got to be a box or a tweak or something that will stop that from happening as I have some nudy pix I dont want to be wallpapers......
Be4 I reformatted they didnt go into the display thingy???????why now?????

Alloy25

Make a folder called "My Pics" and put all your stuff in there, then delete "My Pictures" (I hate default windows folders becuase of little quirks like this).

Originally posted by zyfos
Make a folder called "My Pics" and put all your stuff in there, then delete "My Pictures" (I hate default windows folders becuase of little quirks like this).

If I do this doesnt windows automatically default a new folder on logon??????

Pretty sure it does so then i would have 2 folders ??????? Should I hide the original my pictures and create a shortcut to it...would that solve the prob???

Alloy25

Dont worry tried hidingit and making a shortcut and it didnt work:(

I still cant find anything :(, its gettin me confused like you

I store all my pictures in a folder other than "My Pictures". True, it does bring the folder back every now and then if you delete it (havn't found a way around this yet), but I either delete it again or just leave it there. One thing you might could do is keep all your pictures in a seperate folder and put any wallpapers you want in "My Pictures". Make it work to your advantage. :)

The easiest way to solve this is to make a folder named Pics' in the doc's folder - and hide the my pics folder in your docs folder, make sure you move all the pics from the my pics folder to the newly created folder first ...

Then you won't get the problems you are having ..

Originally posted by lechtard
The easiest way to solve this is to make a folder named Pics' in the doc's folder - and hide the my pics folder in your docs folder, make sure you move all the pics from the my pics folder to the newly created folder first ...

Then you won't get the problems you are having ..

Sounds like the best idea.........although zyfos's idea is not a bad one either.....

Anyway thanx to everyone that tried to help I'll be doing the last 2 answers...

Alloy25

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back