display not shown in device manager

I once, accidentally, tried to install atx drivers for nvidea graphics. It could not find device so it would not let me install it. This time it had no complaints even though there isn't a graphics card detected?

Is there anything I can retrieve for my "True Image" that I may paste somewhere to fix problem?

*edit

oh well. I guess I get by without a learning lesson again. True Image to the rescue. Maybe someday I'll understand why and how plug and play could not detect. Thanks for trying fellas

Last edited:
I have a very similar problem with a NEC MultiSync FP1350 and an ATI Radeon 9600 XT (Rev360). The Graphics card recognises the monitor through the Catalyst driver o.k. but XP will just not install the monitor INF file continually stating that the “default plug and play” monitor is a better match. This worked correctly prior to the installation of SP2.

I’m now unable to adjust the refresh rate to 100 Hz as XP thinks it’s just not an option I can force it using the catalyst drivers but a re-boot results in a 60 Hz refresh rate so every time I put the kettle on the screen shakes about!

This behaviour has been confirmed by a recent (last week) clean install of XP as it worked o.k. before applying SP2. I have anecdotal evidence that the .inf file I downloaded from a very well known drivers guide site contains all the wrong data and suspect that this is the problem. The NEC site also has the .inf file for the monitor but this has now been removed.

Of course this is correct (XP is correct) and I suspect that the inf file as supplied by NEC and the drivers site has been tampered with in some way. The problem now being how to obtain the original?
:nervous: :eek:

Dave

See if this helps any at the link below there is a 2000/Xp inf file from NEC
(NECMSINF.zip) have a look at the section (Unlisted monitor installation)

Don't let windows search for a driver, click the have disk and then direct windows to the unzipped inf.

Maybe this will work? NEC

I had a similar problem and it turned out to be a security issue with enumerating the PCI devices (if I remember correctly) something about not allowing inherited properties from the parent to propagate. Anyway in the end I gave up after having tried a repair (twice) and did a clean install, this fixed the problem. Lets hope you don't have the same issues.

:)

In ran into a similar issue concerning a Mad Dog Radeon 9250 card in a system I was upgrading from XP Home to Pro. I uninstalled and reinstalled the VIA chip set drivers to no avail, but what finally worked was to do a Windows repair install (booting from XP Pro CD). Once the repair install was complete and it did its final boot intow Windows, there was my ATI card in Device Manager. I upgraded the ATI drivers and all is happy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back