Diskeeper 7

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by dreamliner77, Apr 19, 2002.

1. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Red Sox Nation
    Anyone use this? I use it and love it as a defragger. I only use it manually, so I was wondering if I have to keep the Diskeeper service active, or can I disable it?
  2. dadx2mj

dadx2mj Guest

I use Diskeeper and love i, it works much better than Norton Speedisk or the native defragger. Like you I do it manually and have the service disabled on my main machine. On my second PC I have it set to automatically defrag and that also works well.
  3. dmtuc10

dmtuc10 Guest

I have tried diskeeper and it's o.k. but i prefer roxio's perfect disk
    because it allow's you scheduale a defrag ,and runs by itself afterwards with no hasle.:)
  4. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Red Sox Nation
    There are several ways to schedule Diskeeper to run automatically. There is an option in the program or you could always make it a scheduled task.
  5. leobull

leobull Guest

diskeeper 7.0

for those of you who have bought diskeeper. there is an update(build 407) . just install it over your current installation.
  6. westy1

westy1 Guest

I have diskeeper 7, running in the background set to defrag every 2 hours, takes about 30 seconds or less, I just carry on with what I am doing.
  7. ghayes

ghayes Microsoft MVP

"but i prefer roxio's perfect disk"

I'm glad to hear that you prefer PerfectDisk. However, PerfectDisk is from Raxco Software, not Roxio :)

- Greg/Raxco Software

Disclaimer: I work for Raxco Software, the maker of PerfectDisk - a commercial defrag utility, as a systems engineer in the support department.
  8. Ves007

Ves007 Guest

2 HOURS your really running your pc 24/7.