Diskeeper 7

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by dreamliner77, Apr 19, 2002.

1. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Anyone use this? I use it and love it as a defragger. I only use it manually, so I was wondering if I have to keep the Diskeeper service active, or can I disable it?

2. dadx2mj

dadx2mj Guest

I use Diskeeper and love i, it works much better than Norton Speedisk or the native defragger. Like you I do it manually and have the service disabled on my main machine. On my second PC I have it set to automatically defrag and that also works well.

3. dmtuc10

dmtuc10 Guest

I have tried diskeeper and it's o.k. but i prefer roxio's perfect disk
    because it allow's you scheduale a defrag ,and runs by itself afterwards with no hasle.:)

4. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

There are several ways to schedule Diskeeper to run automatically. There is an option in the program or you could always make it a scheduled task.

5. leobull

leobull Guest

diskeeper 7.0

for those of you who have bought diskeeper. there is an update(build 407) . just install it over your current installation.

6. westy1

westy1 Guest

I have diskeeper 7, running in the background set to defrag every 2 hours, takes about 30 seconds or less, I just carry on with what I am doing.

7. ghayes

ghayes Microsoft MVP

"but i prefer roxio's perfect disk"

I'm glad to hear that you prefer PerfectDisk. However, PerfectDisk is from Raxco Software, not Roxio :)

- Greg/Raxco Software

Disclaimer: I work for Raxco Software, the maker of PerfectDisk - a commercial defrag utility, as a systems engineer in the support department.

8. Ves007

Ves007 Guest

2 HOURS your really running your pc 24/7.