disconect from internet

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by julies37, Dec 16, 2001.

1. julies37

julies37 Guest

this may seem like a silly question but I have just got a new computer with XP installed. When I close down internet pages Iam veiwing I sometimes get a box come up asking me do I want to stay connected or disconnect now. If this box does not appear or if I want to close internet connection and work offline how do I do this without closing down the whole system. I hope I have made myself understood not too good at this yet.
    Thanks for any help.
  2. Bytes Back

Bytes Back Ex Police Chief

Down in the corner by your clock you should see an icon looking like two computer screens when connected. If you either right click on it or double click then you will give the option to disconnect.

If you don't see the icon then go to start - settings - network connections and then your dial up connection. Right click on it and choose properties. Tick the "Show icon in notification area when connected" box at the bottom.
  3. AmarSingh

AmarSingh Guest

sweet......i've been missing winipcfg since i got xp. Good job APK
  4. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

West Lafayette, IN, USA
    Actually, in XP, open up the status window for the network connection, go to the "Support" tab, and click "Repair". This does a automaic Release and Renew on a DHCP assigned IP address.