discoloration problem

S

sushiboy

I know this is an xp forum, but I was just wondering if any of you guys know how to fix this problem that occurs in windows 2000. I have a geforce 2 titanium, and I've installed all service packs and latest directx, but the colors for icons are all messed up. They look all discolored like if they were using 256 bit colors or something.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Just to eliminate the obvious, but have you checked your color depth in the display settings?

Yeah of course... the depth was at 32 bit color.

I'm pretty amazed that a card such as a Geforce 2 Ti would have color problems. I'm not sure what is wrong, but there is no color problems with it in XP or ME, so maybe its just a 2k driver thing.

Not sure.

It's not your card. Toggle your resolution settings... that seems to help for some folks.

i'm sure you've done this already but make sure you monitor cable is in properly, give it a good wiggle, , cause i had a similar probelm, (but not on the same card) and that worked

Thanks for all the replies...

Let's see, I have changed the resolution to see and it doesn't change a thing. I currently use a resolution of 1280 x 1024. I've unplugged the monitor and replugged it. Basically, I've tired everything you guys have suggested. =P

It's strange because I put in my matrox millenium card in, and the colors are all fine. There is no discoloration of the icons or anything.

Pretty messed up eh?

Do you have another Win2k system you could try the card in? At least you would know if it is the card or a software problem

I have recently upgraded my computer, and before, I had the same problem as well with my old video card, which was a S3 Savage 4. The icons were all discolored and stuff. Like the winamp icon, it looks like crap when it's in the system tray and stuff. So I'm thinking its not the card problem, but win2k problem.

I had a similar problem after trying to update my video card drivers, turned out to be an AGP problem. After installing updated AGP drivers, correcting AGP settings in the BIOS and installing the video card drivers from safe mode that problem went away.

What drivers did you use to update your agp settings?

Also, what kinda BIOS mods did you make for your AGP settings?

I used the latest AGP driver from the Via website, I have an ASUS A7V266-E motherboard. ATI tech support had sent me an e-mail with a complete list of BIOS settings but the only one that I had to change was the aperture size from 32 to 64. I have an ATI AIW Radeon so I dont know if the BIOS settings would be the same for your video card.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back