disabling task manager???

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Trdsw20, May 6, 2003.

1. Trdsw20

Trdsw20 Guest

I was wondering if there was anyway to disable task manager and the log off when pressing Ctrl Alt Del in Win 2000.

ould I be able to enable this option through the win 2000 server or would I have to do this on each machine locally?

2. Un4gIvEn1

Un4gIvEn1 Moderator

START/RUN
    gpedit.msc
    Local Computer Policy\User Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Ctrl+Alt+Del Options

There ya go bud! Hope that's what you are looking for!

Good luck!

3. Un4gIvEn1

Un4gIvEn1 Moderator

You can look through the Group Policy editor and change anything you want, just be careful with it.

4. Trdsw20

Trdsw20 Guest

The problems is that users are automatically logged on as admin and I cant change group policies in order to solve this problem. I need to be able to change it locally on a computer.

5. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
    DWORD: DisableTaskMgr = 1

You can write a batch file or script that makes the change opn startup.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Why does this board do that to reg keys?:mad:

6. Trdsw20

Trdsw20 Guest

Thanks that looks like it should work. I could could just do the thing in the registry and not have to do it again later right?

I mean would I be able to change it once it the registry and not have to write the batch file?

Also another task for you geniuses how do I disable the Log out option button on the Windows security page (The page that pops up on Win2k when you press Ctrl, Alt, Del.).

7. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    dword: NoLogoff = 1

Once the reg change is made, it doesn't need to be done again.

8. Trdsw20

Trdsw20 Guest

Looks like it should be good. Thanks Ill let you know if it works out well thanks.