Dilemma wanting to click a web favorite on desktop...

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Punkrulz, Aug 24, 2004.

1. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Somewhat eXPerienced

Hey guys,

I have three web browers on my computer right now: Firefox [that's my primary], MyIE [that's my IE alternate, and IE. I wanted to access my work email easier, so I placed a favorite on my desktop that links me to my webmail. I want to be able to open this shortcut with regular old IE, not MyIE2. The shortcut icon displays as Mozilla Firefox, but when I double click the icon itself MyIE2 opens up. I have gone through the File Types menu and looked to see what would open up with MyIE2, the best I found was URL and one labeled (NONE).

What specifically do I have to change so that if I were to click a favorite on my desktop, IE opens up?

Thanks!

2. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Right click it, then click "Properties". Go to the "Opens with" button and click "Change". If Internet Explorer isn't in that list, browse to the folder containing iexplore.exe (usually C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer). This will change URL associations across the board, but that shouldn't matter much to you. Firefox will still work the same way.

3. Punkrulz

There are no options for Open's With. Just Change Icon, & Advanced.

4. j79zlr

j79zlr Glaanies script monkey Political User

Create a new shortcut, and form the target like this:

"C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" http://www.google.com

that will open IE to google, you get the idea.

You can't change the open with behavior like previously stated or that will change all html file associations.

5. Punkrulz

Thank ya kindly!

6. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Unwonted: Lei ama la mia musica? Buono per vedere un altro ventilatore di Picotto qui sui fori di OSNN

Electronic Punk likes this.