Digg Vs. Its Users

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by Petros, May 2, 2007.

1. Petros

Petros Thief IV

I think Digg lost any credibility it had before. Check out their front page...flooded with HD-DVD key submissions at the moment. This is an historic internet event, and it's pretty hilarious. HD-DVD wiki is now protected. It's gone from nerd fight to nerd war/apocalypse.

Attached Files:

2. BouncingSoul

BouncingSoul Stranger Than Fiction Political User

I think Jay said they had to take all the submissions down. I wrote mine down ... assuming I ever figure out how to use it

3. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

I unsubscribed almost 6 months ago. Most of the good stuff gets filtered down to me anyway via other blogs so I stopped wasting time going through the rest of the garbage.

In a way I feel bad for them. Hopefully they come out stronger after this.

4. Petros

Petros Thief IV

Looks like the war is over. They've taken down the site while the new blog soaks into the minds of its readers.

Well-spoken statement, and they need to choose their words carefully when they have millions of dollars on the line.

5. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

Wow.

This should get very interesting. :D

6. VenomXt

VenomXt Blame me for the RAZR's Folding Team

Internet Mobs are fun. You don't even have to stand up.

7. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Yeah Wiki went mental. What does it mean with a 'key' anyway - I can't imagine most people would know what to do with it.

8. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

let the internet die... then we can all twiddle our thumbs.. lol :p

9. vertigo

vertigo OSNN Senior Addict

the key is old news... discovered some time mid-march. why the sudden backlash now?

10. Petros

Petros Thief IV

The backlash resulted from Digg deleting the accounts of a couple of users that posted it. The user submitted a blog about how they got deleted and Digg got hosed.

And there are a lot of Digg users that fall way behind the times on their news...two month old stories seem to pop up quite a bit. Feb. 11th on Doom9 was apparently the earliest instance recorded, after doing some googling. Man that's old in internet news terms.

Last edited: May 2, 2007
  11. fitz

fitz Just Floating Along Staff Member Political User Folding Team

thread moved.. not really a joke/humor so it has been moved to the green room..

12. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

I would imagine anyone who knows what to do with the key, already has their hands on it (as noted, it's old news anyway), it's not really the big deal people are making it out to be, the real issue is that the "open" platform of Digg, isn't exactly as open as we previously believed.