different users???

B

bigste

Hi m8s
I installed xp over 98 when
I am the main user of the pc so I wanted to set up different desktops for the rest of the family to protect my desktop.
When I change to a different user all the programs on all the desktops except mine cannot use any of the programmes that are on the main user desktop.
I have tried to make short cuts on the other users desktop without success.
Is there any other way round this short of having to install each individual programme on all the different desktops.
steve

The problem is the programs, not XP , if you install a new program which has just been released , when you install it, it will say "Do you want this available to all users" or just you.

Until the programmers start putting this into their programs there isnt a lot you can do about it.

Maybe someone else here knows a trick that may help you

This may work for you as it has for me in the past. There is a group called Power Users. Assign everyone that you want to be able to run these programs into this group. Also do not create shortcuts to your shortcuts.. make sure to create the shortcut directly to the executable.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back