Did You Unlock Your iPhone? Bad News For You Then

The bell has rung, Apple opens up with a relock code, the hackers counter with another unlock and a 3rd party app. Apple does another Itunes update and another relock code.

Oh the humanity.

Seems this update is also messing up some iPhones that have not been modified in any way and is deleting contacts information, photos and music.

:laugh:

Attachments

• iphone-before-after.jpg
    iphone-before-after.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 164
Basically Apple is playing like the old gangsters. "Gee, this sure is a nice phone. Sure would be a shame if something were to happen to it. Maybe if you just don't use any third party apps everything will be ok...."

Now, let's look at it. AnySim hacked phones are dead. iPhoneSimFree phones are not dead. Now, both of them are software hacks. Apparently AnySim does change something in such a way that the new update fails and bricks the phone! Why otherwise does iPhoneSimFree not get bricked?

I don't believe Apple is targeting unlocked phones. They warned ahead of time the update would break it, and even if you update iTunes, you don't have to update the phone, it will ask you before updating if you want to continue with the update.

That being said, the fact that they broke the jailbreak, I saw that move coming, no matter what. If they just handed the jailbreak back to the hackers, they could unlock the phones again, and or "activate" them with other sim cards.

It is possible that Apple brought this update to life too soon and hasn't/hadn't been thoroughly tested. But Apple wanted something out right away to deter the Hackers and now some iPhone owners that haven't done a thing wrong or hacked their phones in any way are getting caught in the crossfire.

if it walks. talks, looks like a duck, what you have there is a duck, if that duck claims it's not a duck because it's duck season, some people will believe the duck as he quacks to everyone that he's not a duck

apple went out of their way to make sure if you wanted their phone you had to use the provider they had their deal with and only the provider they had their deal with, they made tons of extra money on that licensing fee...they made gaurantees, no other provider could use the phone and verizon had the exclusive rights

then some kids say...errr...we buy the phone, we use the phone the way we want to

the licensee, (verizon) says to apple...you made promises you could not keep for more then a coupla weeks, we wants a portion of that license fee back, you failed your responsibilitiies ubder our contract, could not deliver the services prmised

apple says...no prob, watch what we do to those kids phone;

and here we are today

if this wasn't a deliberate attempt to insure the contract they have with verizon then that duck up at the top of my post is not a duck

Last edited:
not really bad luck they have gotten some progress on the new firmware :)

if it walks. talks, looks like a duck, what you have there is a duck, if that duck claims it's not a duck because it's duck season, some people will believe the duck as he quacks to everyone that he's not a duck

apple went out of their way to make sure if you wanted their phone you had to use the provider they had their deal with and only the provider they had their deal with, they made tons of extra money on that licensing fee...they made gaurantees, no other provider could use the phone and verizon had the exclusive rights

then some kids say...errr...we buy the phone, we use the phone the way we want to

the licensee, (verizon) says to apple...you made promises you could not keep for more then a coupla weeks, we wants a portion of that license fee back, you failed your responsibilitiies ubder our contract, could not deliver the services prmised

apple says...no prob, watch what we do to those kids phone;

and here we are today

if this wasn't a deliberate attempt to insure the contract they have with verizon then that duck up at the top of my post is not a duck

If by verizon you mean AT&T than yes, this may well have something to do with their contract with verizon :cool:

If by verizon you mean AT&T than yes, this may well have something to do with their contract with verizon :cool:
did I say verizon?

I'm sure I said at&t but someone must have switched that to verizon

errr

anyway, that's what's going on here

Dunno, you were the last person to edit your post bud :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back