Did animals have quake warning?

HAH! USGS just doesn't want to admit that dumb animals are smarter than they are.

On the other hand the animals may have survived because when they see or hear something starnge they start running like hell instead of turning to their spouse and saying "Where did I leave my videocam?"

LeeJend said:
HAH! USGS just doesn't want to admit that dumb animals are smarter than they are.

On the other hand the animals may have survived because when they see or hear something starnge they start running like hell instead of turning to their spouse and saying "Where did I leave my videocam?"

another strike against the defense of marriage act...

marriage can lead to death by tsunami :devious:

Sazar said:
another strike against the defense of marriage act...

marriage can lead to death by tsunami :devious:
:dead:

I shuddered when I read the, the , the M word........

Stop it.

LeeJend said:

Too bad that doesn't always work. When a deer sees this "strange contraption" called an automobile heading down the road at 50 mph or so...they run alright. However, they run right towards it. :eek:

I didn't read all the posts but, animals are far more sensitive to vibration, sound, even air pressure changes, and the barometer rising or falling. All this has been very well documented and researched in the past. In some parts of "tornado alley" people keep certain animals as early warning systems of upcomming tornados.

Apparently little girls serve as early warning systems as well :) :cool:

Schoolgirl Saves Nearly 100 Lives
Sunday, January 02, 2005

LONDON — A British schoolgirl who recognized the signs of a coming tsunami thanks to a recent geography lesson saved her family and some 100 other tourists at a Thai (search) beach, a British newspaper reported.
Tilly Smith (search), 10, realized they were in danger when she saw the tide suddenly rush out — an indication earthquake-driven tidal waves are only minutes away — and told her mother, The Sun (search) said in its Saturday edition.
She explained that she had studied tsunamis only two weeks before at her school in Oxshott, just south of London. Her parents, Penny and Colin Smith, warned nearby vacationers and staff at their hotel in Phuket, and the hotel swiftly evacuated Maikhao beach, minutes before the devastating waves struck, the newspaper said.
The Sun reported that the beach was one of only a few in Phuket where no one was killed or seriously hurt.
"I was on the beach and the water started to go funny," Tilly was quoted as telling The Sun. "There were bubbles and the tide went out all of a sudden. I recognized what was happening and had a feeling there was going to be a tsunami. I told mummy."
Penny Smith, 43, said that she ran off the beach after Tilly explained what was going to happen.
"I dread to think what would have happened if we had stayed," she was quoted as telling The Sun. "Minutes later the water surged right over the beach and demolished everything in its path."
Craig Smith, general manager of the JW Marriott Hotel where Tilly's family were staying, said the 10-year-old was a heroine.
"I think it's phenomenal that Tilly's parents and the others on the beach are alive because she studied hard at school," Smith was quoted as telling The Sun.
Tilly learned about tsunamis in a lesson with geography teacher Andrew Kearney at Danes Hill School, a private school in Oxshott.
"It is an incredible coincidence that our class were learning about this type of tsunami just two weeks before Christmas," Kearney was quoted as telling the newspaper. He added that Tilly "was particularly captivated by this force of nature and its effects."
foxnews

Ironically Phuket didnt get....well you know :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back