Dial Up

V

Vaulder

My Dialup Networking does not save My password correctly

any sugestions Please

Vaulder

Here's an article from microsoft about your issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q148925

The solution is to create a password for your user account in order to initialize the password database. After you have it created, you can use your dial-up, save the password, and you should be set. After that you can go ahead and change your password back to nothing if that's what you prefer.

To create a password for your account do this: Start> Settings> Control Panel> User Accounts> Chose an account to change and create a password for it. That should do it.

Additionally, if your dial-up account is showing a lot of **** (beyond your password length) this is just a masking feature, your password is there ok, just hit connect.

Originally posted by Lonman
Here's an article from microsoft about your issue:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q148925

The solution is to create a password for your user account in order to initialize the password database. After you have it created, you can use your dial-up, save the password, and you should be set. After that you can go ahead and change your password back to nothing if that's what you prefer.

To create a password for your account do this: Start> Settings> Control Panel> User Accounts> Chose an account to change and create a password for it. That should do it.

Additionally, if your dial-up account is showing a lot of **** (beyond your password length) this is just a masking feature, your password is there ok, just hit connect.

Thanks for the info.. working ok now

Thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back