Dial Up Options

S

spencera1

Just recently I've been having problems getting online. I used to get a prompt whenever I clicked on the Internet Explorer or Outlook Express icons, to choose which ISP i would like to dial up to. This prompt has now vanished and all I get is a 'Pre-dial terminal screen' then a 'After-dial terminal screen'. The only way that I can get online now is via the control panel and Network connections. Does anybody have any ideas on how to restore my system as it was? I've tried to use system restore however no matter how far back I go, it still won't let me restore. All advise would be greatly appreciated

Have a look in IE/Tools/Internet Options/Connections. See if anything in there will do. Don't know, it might.

Just noticed also that your system restore won't work. To get it going again you will have to lose all restore points & start again. Go to my computer/properties/system restore & turn it off. Reboot. All your points will be gone. Go back to system restore after the reboot & turn it on. A new point will be made that you should be able to restore to when needed.

Deleted identical thread/post in applications

banghead[1].gif

Try noting down your ISP info (username/number/password) then go into control panel > Network connections and delete the connection and re-create it.

This should make the connection again with the default, correct settings...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back