Diablo II - WinXP issue

Discussion in 'PC Gaming' started by Vetruvian, Jun 27, 2006.

1. Vetruvian

Vetruvian OSNN One Post Wonder

I just had the urge to play Diablo II which i played (but never finished) on my older PC (win98) so after the process of finding the CDs and removing the dust from their covers i happily put the install disc into my cd-drive and up pops up the autorun menu.
    i hit install and set the directory and all that mombo-jumbo it began installing. now thats done reboot time then *drums plz* i double click on the game and the game wont load i just get a black screen. i tried changing the compatibility of the game to both win98 and win95 but of no use.

Any ideas?

PS: i just got an idea of using bootmagic and install win98 on a partition or something (no clue yet how to do that) and install diablo there, would that probably help?
    oh and i tried the game on my brothers pc also winxp but same issue

sorry for the long post thanks

2. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Have you tried patching the game to the latest version? That might be worth a shot.

Installing 98 and running it on that would also do the trick but it's a very long way round!

3. fitz

fitz Just Floating Along Staff Member Political User Folding Team

hmm.. i think i've played it under XP before.. not sure what would be causing the problem..

4. Vetruvian

Vetruvian OSNN One Post Wonder

Never mind i got it to work. I downloaded a copy of it from a torrent site and installed it this morning and it worked :D yippy
    thanks alot for the replies